Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
qupfer
qupfer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Freeze if a few(2) hours in stand-by

Hi,
has anybody the same problem?
If i turn my kindle3 'off' (i mean screen saver appear) and wait long enought (i wait for example 2 hours), the kindle freeze. And yes, it's repeatable. Only standby and wait.....
And because the shipping to europe takes more than two hours, it was "freeze" out of the box.
The new firmware does not change anything. If its in the standby, i have to use it in less than two hours again or make a restart
I try a reset to factory defaults, using a other amazon account, only use one book.... all without success.
So a return is necessary but anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: does anybody know, how a return from europe/germany works? Can i send it to amazon germany or have i send it directly to amazon united states? I ask because the "return center" says
Self Return: Take package to post office or other mailing service. You will need to pay return shipping charges directly to the carrier. Because your return is the result of our error, estimated return shipping costs of up to $2.98 associated with your return will be refunded to you.
But I'm pretty sure,sending a kindle over the ocean will cost more than 3$

Last edited by qupfer; 09-08-2010 at 10:07 AM.
qupfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by qupfer View Post
Hi,
has anybody the same problem?
If i turn my kindle3 'off' (i mean screen saver appear) and wait long enought (i wait for example 2 hours), the kindle freeze. And yes, it's repeatable. Only standby and wait.....
And because the shipping to europe takes more than two hours, it was "freeze" out of the box.
The new firmware does not change anything. If its in the standby, i have to use it in less than two hours again or make a restart
I try a reset to factory defaults, using a other amazon account, only use one book.... all without success....
it will sound lame, but have you tried to resolve this issue with Amazon support? Other than that, I cannot comment on anything else, since any return policies are whatever Amazon says they are.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
No. My Kindle is fine when in standby no matter the duration.

Where did you buy the Kindle from? You'd have to return it to whatever Amazon site you bought it from.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
my kindle is most of the time in standby, have never seen the described problem. as recommended in other threads Amazon CS should be contacted. they will give you advise how to send the kindle back to USA.
warp is offline   Reply With Quote