Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
keep original file name

Hi, Working on finding a conversion process to convert .html ebooks to epubs posted to Faded Page.com (initial source is from Distributed Proofreaders Canada) and Calibre looks to be a great tool.

Is there an easy way to have Calibre NOT change the file names when using the gui?

Is there any easy way to have Calibre output the .epub to the original directory when using the gui?

The default under the gui appears to be to import and rename.

My OS is Debian-stable, hierarchy of ~/ebooks where the Calibre ebook library is housed. I wish to keep non-renamed .epubs in ~/FPC/ with 8 digit numbers for all subdirectories Files inside those subdirectories contain files that are either the same 8 digit number or a 8 digit number .zip of .html and /image.

Yes, I could set up a script for ebook-convert and do it on the command line, but I want to KISS for other people down the road.

peace mark

Last edited by paxmark1; 04-13-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: clarity
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxmark1 View Post
Hi, Working on finding a conversion process to convert .html ebooks to epubs posted to Faded Page.com (initial source is from Distributed Proofreaders Canada) and Calibre looks to be a great tool.

Is there an easy way to have Calibre NOT change the file names when using the gui?

Is there any easy way to have Calibre output the .epub to the original directory when using the gui?

The default under the gui appears to be to import and rename.

My OS is Debian-stable, hierarchy of ~/ebooks where the Calibre ebook library is housed. I wish to keep non-renamed .epubs in ~/FPC/ with 8 digit numbers for all subdirectories Files inside those subdirectories contain files that are either the same 8 digit number or a 8 digit number .zip of .html and /image.

Yes, I could set up a script for ebook-convert and do it on the command line, but I want to KISS for other people down the road.

peace mark
No.
Read the sticky about folder names.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert