Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
wakata
wakata began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Structure of cache.xml

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand the structure of the cache.xml db file. So far, I've found this:

<text author="Edgar Allan Poe" status="0" sourceid="361" id="365" date="Sat, 09 Jul 2011 23:09:41 GMT" tz="-120" mime="application/pdf" path="Books/Edgar Allan Poe - The Black Cat.pdf" size="99190" title="The Black Cat"/>
  • author: ok
  • sourceid: ? (seems to change all the time)
  • id: unique, but not arbitrary: the device updates it when disconnected from the computer)
  • date: creation date, UTC
  • tz: time zone (time offset from utc)
  • mime: mime type
  • path: ok
  • size: in bytes
  • title: ok

So basically, what I still wonder about are the status, id, and sourceid fields. Ideas/Advice? Likewise, I couldn't find anything regarding the cacheExt.xml file.

Thanks!
wakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
I think status indicates if the book has been opened or not. It's how the Reader puts the "New" button on the book icon.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi wakata,

I'm currently not into this, but came across this post: Reloading Books so as not "New" on reader. in the sony main forum, regarding the new-indicator.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cache, database, prs