Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
New Models - European prices unveiled

According to this link:
http://www.e-leseratte.de/2010/10/03...2-und-pro-903/

Pocketbook IQ (the tablet), €160;
Pocketbook 602, €200;
Pocketbook 603 (touchscreen+3G), €270;
Pocketbook 902, €330;
Pocketbook 903 (touchscreen+3G), €400.

As expected, all the new models carry speakers and TTS. I've heard the German voice used for it and I like it very much, but I haven't found any other one. However, the TTS is supposed to support 20 languages, so I'd say English should be included The format support is the same than the former models (I still miss CBZ and/or CBR ) and the report mentions an improvement in the Reflow function for PDF's which should allow the reader to retrieve images from the document.

If the US prices are set 1:1 as they have been before, you'll be getting a big reader for less than a Kindle..

Last edited by Logseman; 10-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #2
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
No successor for the PB360? A Sony 350 competitor (low priced, 5", new screen technology)?

And once again the big question (for me): does this mean the end of PB302 development and support (even before the firmware is commercially finished; the device was sold as hardware with promises concerning the "upcoming" software)?

Last edited by adbosch; 10-04-2010 at 03:38 AM.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 04:23 AM   #3
BeNikis
BeNikis began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
Great news if this is true!
Thanks for the find.
BeNikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
No successor for the PB360? A Sony 350 competitor (low priced, 5", new screen technology)?

And once again the big question (for me): does this mean the end of PB302 development and support (even before the firmware is commercially finished; the device was sold as hardware with promises concerning the "upcoming" software)?
There will be a successor for the 360°. But you'll have to wait for that till beginning of '11.

We will continue with developing software for the 302, of course. Support will continue, as well.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNikis View Post
Great news if this is true!
We will find out in about 44 hours from this moment ;-)
I hope that our resident PocketBook officers here have prepared something for us and will click the "send" button at the moment the fair begins. I hope we will not have to scour youtube in hope some random passer-by made a video with the new models on it ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hello friends,

It can be preordered now. Take a look on our shop
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Successor of the 360? Really? That's amazing news... And a bit frustrating... I had almost made up my mind to get one now, but now I'll have to wait. Any details about it at all?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Take a look on our shop
OK. I took a look.
I am looking at the page describing 903 in ... aehm ... English.

Quote:
PocketBook Pro 903is equipped with an improved Li-polymer rechargeable battery (1530 mAh) which makes the reading of more than 7,000 sides per charging possible. With the PocketBook Pro 903 you really do not need to make yourselves thoughts about the loading.
You mean charging, right?

Quote:
The built-in Bluetooth module allows you not only to connect wireless accessories like for example keyboards or earphones to the reader,also to go with the mobile phone online if once no W-LAN net is available. There almost no limits are set to the imagination, particularly thanks to the active developer community which creates new applications for the PocketBook over and over again.
You [the PocketBook company] said the same about the USB host on 302 model, and to this day there is NO possibility to connect keyboard. On 302 model there is no writing or true note taking functionality. People will buy 903 based on this text, and they are going to complain, unless they can buy working bluetooth keyboard and use it to take text notes.

Quote:
Thanks to the touch screen technology you can control the device simply with your finger or the provided stick. Easy and convenient. Moreover, the device gets a painting function. You can sketch drawings with the stick or with the finger directly on the screen of the device.
By stick you mean stylus?
I was under the impression from the earlier technical specification that the touch screen was Wacom and those do not work with finger. Only with stylus.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #9
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
OK. I took a look.
I am looking at the page describing 903 in ... aehm ... English.

You mean charging, right?

By stick you mean stylus?
I was under the impression from the earlier technical specification that the touch screen was Wacom and those do not work with finger. Only with stylus.
Hi,

my faults.. just corrected.
Sorry for that.

Nevertheless, I hope you can understand the main part of descritions in ... aehm ... English. (at least the product names )
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Successor of the 360? Really? That's amazing news... And a bit frustrating... I had almost made up my mind to get one now, but now I'll have to wait. Any details about it at all?
No, it will be at least 6 months 'till then.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Hi!

I'm also interested in the 903 model, but I have some questions.

PocketGoods:
You still haven't explained about the screen (is it WACOM or not?) and the product information doesn't mention 3G.
Also your page about the 903 starts with talking about the 603 (in the English version).

mtravellerh:
Is the 400€ (or 399) the special price for presales that you mentioned in another post?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #12
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Hello...

for italian market, guess I'll have to look at german's pocketbook site or is/will there a reseller in Italy where find the new 902's model?..

Thanks
Luigi

p.s.: I'm going to buy one for xmas once I'll get xmas's salary... :-)
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
my faults.. just corrected.
not all are corrected
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods site
Thanks to the touch screen technology you can control the device simply with the provided stylus. Easy and convenient. Moreover, the device gets a painting function. You can sketch drawings with the stick or with the finger directly on the screen of the device.
Please, do not take it personally, I am just trying to help. It is better when we find problem now than complaining customers.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
There almost no limits are set to the imagination, particularly thanks to the active developer community which creates new applications for the PocketBook over and over again.
Erm... Seriously? What about: no centralized base of goodies and no English documentation for the SDK?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
Hello...

for italian market, guess I'll have to look at german's pocketbook site or is/will there a reseller in Italy where find the new 902's model?..

Thanks
Luigi

p.s.: I'm going to buy one for xmas once I'll get xmas's salary... :-)
There will be at least one reseller in Italy selling the 902 with italianfirmware, english-italian dictionary, access to italian ebookstore and so on