Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #1051
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, Nook Glow, PB Touch Lux 623
I wasn't complaining about the content of the message box, just mentioning that it's a new addition. I've read a lot of commentary about how libraries dislike the Kindle book option because it takes you to a non-library site which tracks your books....it make me wonder what prompted this (sudden?) disclaimer.
FizzyWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #1052
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I wasn't complaining about the content of the message box, just mentioning that it's a new addition. I've read a lot of commentary about how libraries dislike the Kindle book option because it takes you to a non-library site which tracks your books....it make me wonder what prompted this (sudden?) disclaimer.
There is those privacy rights that a library has to follow (esp. In California) that won't be followed by going to Amazon. I believe the problem is history of books borrowed and such. It is not a problem per se since you had to agree to the different privacy policies at Amazon. It is just not library like.

Edit: just borrowed an OverDrive kindle book yesterday and don't recall seeing that "leaving site" disclaimer at my library in Ohio.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-27-2014 at 08:20 AM.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote