Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Column Colouring

Using version 0.8.23
Look and Feel/Column colouring

I have added a rule,

Set the colour #read to lightgreen if the following conditions are met:
If the #read column is true value:

clicked apply but nothing changes to my read books column that are ticked, anything else I need to do...
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@JLF

is it possible that #read is not a True/false column?

what happens when you just do a simple search using: #read:true
Are the proper books shown?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
@JLF

is it possible that #read is not a True/false column?

what happens when you just do a simple search using: #read:true
Are the proper books shown?
Cheers for the quick reply,

I made a custom column
Lookup name: read
Column heading: Read
Column type: Yes/No

Tried the search #read:true and all the read books show...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLaFunk View Post
Cheers for the quick reply,

I made a custom column
Lookup name: read
Column heading: Read
Column type: Yes/No

Well that is strange,
I just tried it on my XP install.
Set timestamp (the Date column) to Tomato
If column #read has the value True

It works on a normal Calibre column

Read (T/F) is a funny column type in that it supplies a Tick or red X for the logical value. Try with another column (then no need to show Read column)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
1) Note that #read:true gets all books marked "Yes" and all marked "No", but not those that are unmarked.
You might want this instead:
#read:Yes

2) Column coloring applies to text color, not background color. Yes/No/Empty columns are checkmarks by default, not text, and the checkmark is already green. You can't change that color.

I change the color of the title if it's read. I also use a text (tag-like) column for #read and put my initials and/or my wife's. Then I color the title one color if read by me, another if read by her and a third if read by both.

Last edited by Starson17; 11-01-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Well that is strange,
I just tried it on my XP install.
Set timestamp (the Date column) to Tomato
If column #read has the value True

It works on a normal Calibre column

Read (T/F) is a funny column type in that it supplies a Tick or red X for the logical value. Try with another column (then no need to show Read column)
Weird, tried it as you said with a non custom column and it worked, then tried it with another of my custom columns which combines (Author/Series Index/Title) {authors} / {series}{series_index:0>2s| | / }{title} and it works with that, as you said it must not be able to recognise Yes/No cols, happy using it with that other custom col...

Cheers
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
1) Note that #read:true gets all books marked "Yes" and all marked "No", but not those that are unmarked.
You might want this instead:
#read:Yes

2) Column coloring applies to text color, not background color. Yes/No/Empty columns are checkmarks by default, not text, and the checkmark is already green. You can't change that color.

I change the color of the title if it's read. I also use a text (tag-like) column for #read and put my initials and/or my wife's. Then I color the title one color if read by me, another if read by her and a third if read by both.
As I usually use my netbook where screen real estate is limited, I am going with the colour change on my custom column which is Author/SerIn/Title, removes 3 cols down to 1, and as theducks said, I can now remove that Read col, like your 3rd option and will keep that in mind...
Old 11-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Author/SerIn/Title, removes 3 cols down to 1
That's clever, but not flexible enough for me. I have some series with multiple authors. I need to be able to sort on series and title. I just keep the columns narrow enough for general use and widen when needed.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Playing about now,

Trying to remove another column now, Year(published) and add to my custom column but when I change this
{authors} / {series}{series_index:0>2s| | / }{title}
to this
{authors} / {series}{series_index:0>2s| | / }{title} / {published}

I get TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field published...

I think it might be that in the past I did something to my published column to just show the year and not the month & year but I can't remember now
Old 11-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #10
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Playing about now,

Trying to remove another column now, Year(published) and add to my custom column but when I change this
{authors} / {series}{series_index:0>2s| | / }{title}
to this
{authors} / {series}{series_index:0>2s| | / }{title} / {published}

I get TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field published...

I think it might be that in the past I did something to my published column to just show the year and not the month & year but I can't remember now
It's not {published}, it's {pubdate}
Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
It's not {published}, it's {pubdate}
Was just going off the column heading for the years which is published but your answer works a treat
Old 11-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Was just going off the column heading for the years which is published but your answer works a treat
You're welcome, and a reminder: Hover over the column heading to see the lookup name. BTW, I've written templates using {published} instead of {pubdate}, too. It's an easy mistake to make.