Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
ANN: FBReader v0.12.10 for DR1000 and DR800

EDIT 2011/06/23: new version dr-v3b

Hi out there,

I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new port of FBReader for DR1000, DR800 and DR800 with DR800+ extensions.

This is based on version 0.12.10 code, adding a DR-like menu with some functions, a customized toolbar and some new icons.
It's also faster and use less memory than previous ports, you'll notice specially with big .chm files.

Configuration data is saved in "SD card/Programs/_config/.FBReader".
It also includes Loo and Viacheslav script to associate FBReader with .pdb, .fb2, .zip, .rtf, .orb, .tcr, .opf, .oebzip, .chm, .prc and .mobi file extensions when browsing books.

Note you need some libs from core _base package: fribidi, liblinebreak, libbz2
that can find at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=887725

Random notes:
- It should work with DR1000, DR800 and DR800 with DR800+ extension
- This package is based on version 0.12.10 and, in fact, make previous ports of versions 0.10.x obsolete as this is faster and more memory efficient

Steps to install:
1. enable SD card folders browsing
2. connect device to your computer using the USB cable
3. create a folder "/Programs" in SD card root if it doesn't exist yet
4. you need libs core package installed into SD card/Programs/_base installed
5. copy the contents of this compressed file there.
You should have something like:
Code:
       SD card
           /Programs
               _base               (directory)
               _config             (directory)
               _fbreader           (directory)
               Install             (directory)
               FBReader.desktop    (file)
           /...
6. go to SD_card/Programs/Install folder and run FBReaderInstall to associate
extensions with this program. It will ask to reboot the device in order to
recognize the new extensions

Steps to use:
1. Navigate to your books as usual and select the book, FBReader will open it; or, alternatively, navigate to SD card -> Select Programs folder and tap on FBReader icon
2. Click on preferences and change some settings as default configuration is not suitable for e-readers. F.e. I've changed:
- margins to 10, 10, 0, 4
- font size (in "styles" tab): to 8
- indicator: I like the "old style"
- key bindings. Tip: click on "Action for key" and press the bar to show available actions
3. Take a look at "_fbreader/share/FBReader/default/toolbar.xml" file if you want to change the buttons/actions shown in the toolbar

Code:
The source code is located at: https://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/fbreader-dr-0.12.x

To build inside your IREX development environment, first you must install the dependencies (fribidi, liblinebreak, libbz2) on the DR env.
You can use the packages I built at https://inigo.katxi.org/ereader/ipks/

And then compile
Code:
$ source /usr/local/poky/eaby-glibc/arm/environment-setup
$ export LD_RUN_PATH=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_base/lib
$ make
And to install to /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader
Code:
$ make install
You can join the development efforts at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109786

Lots of thanks to Gertjan, Loo, Viacheslav, and specially to Mackx, he is in fact the other half of this port.

Changes:
v3b - 2011/06/23
. new graphic installer
. faster, as it has been compiled with some optimization flags

v3 - 2011/01/23
. turn on led while loading files [Mackx]
. improve double click performance [Loo]
. fix install extensions script
. change Russian hyphenation file

v2 - 2010/12/11
. added DR-like menu
. customized toolbar and added new icons for font size
. added some documentation

v1 - 2010/12/04
. added Mack's code to support tabs in DR1000 and DR800+

v0 - 2010/12/04
. initial release
. based on original FBReader v0.12.10 code, customizations from my previous v0.10.7 port, Mackx's v0.10.7 port, and Loo's and Viacheslav's file extensions association script

Enjoy,
Iņigo Serna
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fb-1.png
Views:	1088
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	62648   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb-2.png
Views:	963
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	62649   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb-3.png
Views:	710
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	73215  
Attached Files
File Type: gz FBReader-0.12.10-dr-v3.tar.gz (1.86 MB, 821 views)
File Type: gz FBReader-0.12.10-dr-v3b.tar.gz (2.28 MB, 827 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 06-23-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: New version v3b
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Hi. I just installed it and it's great. It could remember my settings from the previous installation (except for some keys). I'm curious if it would still crash with clock and fullscreen (I'll do some reading tonight and tomorrow evening).

Thanks again.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
CLAUDIA SILVA
CLAUDIA SILVA began at the beginning.

Device: same Suzzed
hola Iņigo:
quisiera saber si me puedes ayudar.
tengon un irex dr 800 sg hace como 6 meses , todo a funcionado de maravillas hasta hoy , que quise ingresar un libro en formato PDF , luego desconecte el aparato del computador , y cuando lo quise prender nuevamente aparece un mensaje que dice que no tiene targeta de memoria, le cambie la targeta pero sigue diciendo lo mismo.
espero que me puedas ayudar , porque amo mi irex.
gracias
CLAUDIA SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
CLAUDIA SILVA
CLAUDIA SILVA began at the beginning.

Device: same Suzzed
Iņigo hello:
Help wanted sword if I CAN.
IREX tengon dr United Nations as 800 sg of six months ago, all a function of today to Wonderland, which I wanted to enter without a book in PDF format, then disconnect the device from the computer, and here again appears WHEN I wanted to turn no dice message That Target has no memory, you change the card will But still saying the same thing.
I hope you can help me, why I love my IREX.
thanks
CLAUDIA SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAUDIA SILVA View Post
hola Iņigo:
quisiera saber si me puedes ayudar.
tengon un irex dr 800 sg hace como 6 meses , todo a funcionado de maravillas hasta hoy , que quise ingresar un libro en formato PDF , luego desconecte el aparato del computador , y cuando lo quise prender nuevamente aparece un mensaje que dice que no tiene targeta de memoria, le cambie la targeta pero sigue diciendo lo mismo.
espero que me puedas ayudar , porque amo mi irex.
gracias
Claudia, posiblemente lo que sucede es que la tarjeta SD esté corrupta, prueba a formatearlo desde el propio DR800 (Home -> Settings -> Device Management -> Format the Device) y aņade de nuevo los libros que quieras al DR800.
Si eso no funciona prueba extrayendo la tarjeta y formateándola desde un PC.
CUIDADO: cualquiera de las 2 acciones previas borrarán todo lo que tienes en la tarjeta, así que haz antes una copia de seguridad.

Por favor, en prķximas ocasiones, para preguntas no directamente relacionadas con el propio tema del hilo, abre uno nuevo.

Saludos,
Iņigo
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
catharsis
Addict

Hi Iņigo. The device still freezes when reading full screen with clock on. I also have the latest version of DR800+. Any thoughts on that?
Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #7
akadimka
akadimka began at the beginning.

Device: iREX D800SG
Hi Iņigo!
Seems like a found a bug or maybe I just do something in a wrong way.
In this version v0.12.10 of FBReader in Preferences on the Scrolling tab I can't setup scroll 100% of page per one flip. Max is 20 lines. In previous version v0.10.7 I could use percentage to define how much of page I need to scroll at once.
Could you tell me how to do this in latest version (if it's possible)? Or if this not implemented then could you put back this possibility? Percentage is more acceptable then number of lines because of font size -> this leads to various numbers of lines at the same time.

BR, aKaDiMkA
akadimka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Hi Iņigo. The device still freezes when reading full screen with clock on. I also have the latest version of DR800+. Any thoughts on that?
Nothing special. I presume you were right, the halt is produced when clock is updating while the screen is refreshed at the same time.

Mackx, could you share the code you mention in the other thread which uses a semaphore to avoid this?

Iņigo
Old 12-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Forget the semaphore It gives 98% stability and I was [un]lucky enough to come twice into the other 2% during a one month testing. The most stable way is to comment out

fbrereader/src/fbreader/TimeUpdater.cpp:37
// ZLApplication::Instance().refreshWindow();

The clock is repainted on the next window refresh (caused by e.g. next/prev page flip).

P.S. Thank you for the very easy compilation process!
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadimka View Post
Hi Iņigo!
Seems like a found a bug or maybe I just do something in a wrong way.
In this version v0.12.10 of FBReader in Preferences on the Scrolling tab I can't setup scroll 100% of page per one flip. Max is 20 lines. In previous version v0.10.7 I could use percentage to define how much of page I need to scroll at once.
Could you tell me how to do this in latest version (if it's possible)? Or if this not implemented then could you put back this possibility? Percentage is more acceptable then number of lines because of font size -> this leads to various numbers of lines at the same time.

BR, aKaDiMkA
I don't know much about the internals of FBReader so don't know which are the exact changes between v0.10.x and v0.12.x.

Anyway, there are now different scroll actions you could bind for the different keys, Preferences->Keys:
Code:
PAGE_SCROLL_FORWARD = "pageForward";
PAGE_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "pageBackward";
LINE_SCROLL_FORWARD = "lineForward";
LINE_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "lineBackward";
MOUSE_SCROLL_FORWARD = "mouseScrollForward";
MOUSE_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "mouseScrollBackward";
TAP_SCROLL_FORWARD = "tapScrollForward";
TAP_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "tapScrollBackward";
SCROLL_TO_HOME = "gotoHome";
SCROLL_TO_START_OF_TEXT = "gotoSectionStart";
SCROLL_TO_END_OF_TEXT = "gotoSectionEnd";
This works perfectly for me:
left (up arrow) -> Scroll page backward
right (down arrow) -> Scroll page forward
long left (page up) -> go to previous TOC section
long right (page down) -> go to next TOC section
return -> toggle fullscreen

Also look at messages #14-18 in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=109786&page=2

Hope it helps,
Iņigo
Old 12-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
Forget the semaphore It gives 98% stability and I was [un]lucky enough to come twice into the other 2% during a one month testing.
98% stability? that's more than my clock wall...

My reading sessions are 30 mins max these days, and it didn't fail ever with this version...
I'll apply this change and release a fixed package anyway.

Quote:
The most stable way is to comment out

fbrereader/src/fbreader/TimeUpdater.cpp:37
// ZLApplication::Instance().refreshWindow();

The clock is repainted on the next window refresh (caused by e.g. next/prev page flip).
Ok, thanks for the point.
Btw, how ugly is C++...

Quote:
P.S. Thank you for the very easy compilation process!
Ehem... it's no mine, I took the compilation process from Mack's v0.10.x port...
Old 12-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Mackx, could you share the code you mention in the other thread which uses a semaphore to avoid this?
I see that dima_tr already posted the changes, which he also send to me

Quote:
Ehem... it's no mine, I took the compilation process from Mack's v0.10.x port...
Ehem... it's also not mine, the way the makefiles work is default for FBReader, the changes are based on the changes that Adam B. made for the first DR1000 port of FBReader (more then 2 years ago!).
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
catharsis
Addict

Yes, commenting that line seems like a good idea, since I don't spend more than 2-3 minutes on the same page and I don't need the clock to be extra accurate.

Iņigo, did you try text search? For me, the text search modal window is very unresponsive (when toggling checkboxes, pressing go/cancel etc.) and I think it caused my reader to freeze. I can't remember how it was in previous version, this is the first time I try it.

Later edit: also, I think there is a problem with loading a book. When I open FBReader I get the opening book message which stays stuck until I trigger a refresh by pushing menu button or going full screen.

Last edited by catharsis; 12-14-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
Iņigo
Guru

Ok, I 've changed the package in the first message with this fix applied.

Quote:
Yes, commenting that line seems like a good idea, since I don't spend more than 2-3 minutes on the same page and I don't need the clock to be extra accurate.

Iņigo, did you try text search? For me, the text search modal window is very unresponsive (when toggling checkboxes, pressing go/cancel etc.) and I think it caused my reader to freeze. I can't remember how it was in previous version, this is the first time I try it.
I only tested once on the emulator after I wrote the menu code, it worked well though.

Quote:
Later edit: also, I think there is a problem with loading a book. When I open FBReader I get the opening book message which stays stuck until I trigger a refresh by pushing menu button or going full screen.
Yes, I've also seen it with big files. Not a huge problem for me, I always read in fullscreen mode

Btw, if there is anyone out there with .fb2 files, wait a couple of hours...
Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Quote:
Btw, if there is anyone out there with .fb2 files, wait a couple of hours...
Em, yesterday I tried 0.12.10 with an fb2 file - no problems during 1 hour reading ..
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader