I published a children's picture book last year. Now, I have converted into
an ebook for PC's. I have an epub version. But, I can not find a way
using Html code, to play audio. I have a page with a cow that says Moo
when the page is displayed. I used the tag "bgsound" and "embed" in the
PC version.

Does anyone know how code in html audio upon page display in en epub
format?

I intend to use the epub on an iPad.
The audio does not work in Adobe Reader Edition or Calibre...
chezchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Audio and video are not in the current specification for ePUB, which means that there is no portable way to include it (every reader will support a different way of dealing with it, if any).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Hi Chez, I found this site very helpful. There are good links from those responding to her blog as well.
http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/search/label/audio
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
chezchicago
chezchicago began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks. Wannabee.
I downloaded sample Html which had video with sound in the epub.
It included a control to stop and start the video with flash in META tags.

I only want audio to play when the page is displayed.
chezchicago is offline   Reply With Quote