Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Ordered from Mondadori

Just ordered a Kobo Aura from Mondadori in Italy (I live in Sweden) for a total of 188 euro (the reader is 169 euro) I'll keep everyone updated on how long it takes.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Just ordered a Kobo Aura from Mondadori in Italy (I live in Sweden) for a total of 188 euro (the reader is 169 euro) I'll keep everyone updated on how long it takes.
19€ for delivery isn't bad at all If FNAC doesn't decide soon to sell the Aura I might as well go for Mondadori.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, first they wanted a picture of the front and back of my credit card (it was okay to blacken most of the numbers) which I scanned and sent, though I thought it a bit strange. THEN they wanted a signed identity paper which I think is utterly ridiculous so I've canceled my order.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Ouch. I'm checking out geizahlts.at site to see which retailers have Aura in hopes some of them will deliver to my country. No luck so far, but maybe some do deliver in Sweden?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
FYI, the Aura just appeared on a swedish site (not available yet though). Hopefully it will be available at the normal Kobo-resellers.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
owly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
FYI, the Aura just appeared on a swedish site (not available yet though). Hopefully it will be available at the normal Kobo-resellers.
Oh, I see, Liontech has it on preorder now. But with postage the price tag would be 1846 SEK (about 215 euro) which is a bit steep..
Old 05-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
So, first they wanted a picture of the front and back of my credit card (it was okay to blacken most of the numbers) which I scanned and sent, though I thought it a bit strange. THEN they wanted a signed identity paper which I think is utterly ridiculous so I've canceled my order.
welcome to the bizarre world of Italian online business: and be thankful you don't have to buy a train ticket
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #8
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know some French web sites which ask for a scan of the buyer ID for certain amounts or some products (electronic devices). Still that's very bothersome
I hope you'll be able to order from the Swedish seller provided above.

As for me, FNAC just started to sell it today. I'll go and see it today or tomorrow
Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #9
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
I apologize for the inconvenience on behalf of my compatriots. We are not all that silly.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
welcome to the bizarre world of Italian online business: and be thankful you don't have to buy a train ticket
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Probably Mondadori requested that because it want to be sure about your identity. I'm not sure, there should be a new law about international payments. Since it sells 99% in Italy, they don't have a online method to know you identity for sure, like Paypal and company. Anyway it's just as well, less money to its proprietary

Have you tried... Amazon?
Kobo aura on amazon de
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #12
samhy
Wizard

So owly, have you ordered one Aura? If so, from which web site?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
cartman
Connoisseur
cartman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505 (Blue)
I bought one from Montadori a couple of weeks ago (it actually shipped earlier than the day it was supposed to) and I am quite happy with their service. Payed with credit card without any hassle.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Identity ? If a credit card checks out, why on earth would they need or care for the identity of the customer ? Why not his sexual preferences, blood type and political choices ?
I went all the way to London to get my Aura, paid with my card and that was it, nobody asked me who I was or why I wanted it or where I lived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Probably Mondadori requested that because it want to be sure about your identity. I'm not sure, there should be a new law about international payments. Since it sells 99% in Italy, they don't have a online method to know you identity for sure, like Paypal and company. Anyway it's just as well, less money to its proprietary

Have you tried... Amazon?
Kobo aura on amazon de
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Identity ? If a credit card checks out, why on earth would they need or care for the identity of the customer ? Why not his sexual preferences, blood type and political choices ?
I went all the way to London to get my Aura, paid with my card and that was it, nobody asked me who I was or why I wanted it or where I lived.
that is Italy for you. Once I tried to book a restaurant in Bologna before flying over, they wanted a two sided photocopy of my credit card - needless to say, I did not book in the end. Thankfully, not all places are like this, but one experience is enough to put you off!
One other time I had the weirdest conversation in a bank: I wanted to change notes to coins, and the teller went on for ten minutes wanting to know why I needed this, for what, whether I was registered for VAT (????), a nightmare... ah, Italy!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote