Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
kreeb
kreeb began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100, Nokia E71
Hello y'all

I have been using my trusty REB1100 for more than seven years and a Nokia E62 for @ three years.

Unfortunately the REB1100 and the Nokia use different file types.

I have been thinking about getting a Kindle to replace my REB1100.

Too bad the Kindle does not have a lighted display. Kind of like buying a car without headlights... Oh, if you want to drive, err read, in the dark, all you have to do is buy this ungainly clip-on LED thingy... Oh well...
kreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Howdy kreeb,

Instead of one of those LED doohickeys, how about a miner's helmet thingy. You know, it's like a hard hat with a big ol' light front and center. Click that baby on and you can light up the whole room. Heck, if you need to get up in the middle of the night, you wouldn't need to worry about stumbling around in the dark. And... if the little guy that turns the light on in the fridge decides to take a nap and it's suddenly dark in there, no problem. You're covered.

You know this is sounding like a pretty good idea. Maybe I should develop a prototype. The kindle forehead lamp! It's more efficient than the sun! I could make a whole infomercial and sell them for 15 easy payments of $19.95 (plus shipping and handling of course)

Anyway, welcome. Have a good time here. I try to.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kreeb.

You do understand the purpose behind "eink" display, and why it isn't backlit? So that your reading experience is as much like reading a paper book as possible?

M-edge makes a cover with sleeve for a built in light for the Kindle. I know there are others out there too......here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-e-Lumin...1063194&sr=8-1
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kreeb and welcome to MobileRead. I've had MEdge products for a couple of years and been very pleased.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
kreeb
kreeb began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100, Nokia E71
I know the eInk display is not backlit, but that does not change that people are more likely to read in bed or on a plane or in some other low light/dim light situation than they are to read using the Kindle at the beach or in the desert at high noon.

Also thanks for the mention of the MEdge.
I will look at getting one.
I just ordered my Kindle 2 today.
Now all I have to do is start converting a lot of my .RB format books to PRC/MOBI
kreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert