Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Commentary IS general....as in News and COMMENTARY.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaopanda View Post
Like there arn't enough threads / forums for me to wander through already.

Just post it in the lounge and be done with it! Mark it with the best tag you can think of.

Meh....
It would just get lost in the Lounge. And I do have the lounge turned off from showing new messages. I'll go into the lounge and manually look around to see what I want to read. To me, the Lounge is a place for threads that don't have to do with eBooks or readers. That is why I think the Lounge is not an appropriate place for what I want to post.

The thing is, where does a thread go on eBook readers that transcends a single brand or specific model? Yes, I could put it in News and Commentary, But it's not really news and it's not a commentary.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-16-2009 at 08:44 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Commentary IS general....as in News and COMMENTARY.

Not general enough and in some cases too general. I do feel that News and Commentary should be made just News and a new general forum section take the place of Commentary. That would solve a lot of the problems of threads in News & Commentary that do not belong there.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well we all got our personal issues, eh?

Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #20
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well we all got our personal issues, eh?
Most of us got our personal liseuses as well
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #21
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Most of us got our personal liseuses as well

But what about masseuses?

Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
We should just call it "General Liseuse".
With subheadings of Major Chaos (for DRM related stuff) and Corporal Corporeal (for zombie news). Relegate all other duties to Private Messaging.

Now that we have an MR military staff, where's AM with the MR trebuchets?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Please keep this thread on topic.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sorry, will do.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #25
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
As News and Commentary is technically a Sub-Forum of E-Book General, I've often wondered why the E-Book General forum is not itself available for thread posts. I always figured it was a design preference, since none of the top-level forums seem to allow posts.

The Bandit
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #26
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a post I want to make. It's not going to be device specific overall so any device specific forum is out. It doesn't belong in the lounge, so that is out. It's not newsworthy enough to be in news and commentary so that's out. So where the heck can I start my thread?

See, I've been saying we need a general purpose forum that is not the lounge. A place to talk about readers that's not device specific overall.
I would agree, and if this post is for a non-specific device, then surely the 'best' location for it would be in the E-Book Devices section ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #27
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Maybe change to 'News and Commentary' to 'News and eBooks General' - it'd save the angst of deciding whether a particular thread belonged in one forum or another.
That is how I have read the meaning of "Commentary". And that reading was probably inspired by how the "News and Commentary" forum was used.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #28
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I would agree, and if this post is for a non-specific device, then surely the 'best' location for it would be in the E-Book Devices section ?
Actually I have proposed a general section a long time ago for all of the divisions of the forum to cover all the bases. However, it didn't seem to go anywhere. I like a general eBook section and a general devices section. I too thing the news section should be news and commentary about the news.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #29
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
There isn't a forum for "general/multi ebook devices" discussion. There's a forum for each device, and one for "which one should I buy?" A discussion about "what kind of reading light works best for you" would seem bizarre in "which one should I buy?"
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #30
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not general enough and in some cases too general. I do feel that News and Commentary should be made just News and a new general forum section take the place of Commentary. That would solve a lot of the problems of threads in News & Commentary that do not belong there.
I can't believe I'm about to agree with Jon but I firmly believe this to be the way to go. A section just for News would cut out a lot of the clutter that is currently there and a general ebook forum would make it easy to post about things that just don't appear to belong anywhere else and are currently just lumped in the News and Commentary forum.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote