Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Engadget Unboxing Kindle DX

Unboxing

Interesting. They have it next to the Kindle 2. It's odd, I really expected the screen to be bigger but it's almost exactly the same size as the entire K2.

Yes, I know the dimensions are what they are, but in my head I imagined it bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-06-10kindledx-21.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	30572  
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Unboxing

Interesting. They have it next to the Kindle 2. It's odd, I really expected the screen to be bigger but it's almost exactly the same size as the entire K2.

Yes, I know the dimensions are what they are, but in my head I imagined it bigger.
It takes a rigid frame to protect the device from being torqued and to provide areas at the edge of the screen to connect etc. The idea that the screen and the device can be the same size is just not realistic. But lots of people talk about 9.7" devices to be full PDF which you found is clearly not the case. It would take a 14" device to make letter size and A4 size PDF full size.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert