Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
dasboeh
dasboeh is on a distinguished road

Device: Bokeen Cybook Opus; Sony PRS-300; Amazon Kindle 3rd
Question iBooks messing up my unsorted lists

Hello out there!

Hope I'm in the right place for this question.

I'm doing an ePUB project for a customer of mine. And there's a certain problem with unsorted lists and iBooks. This problem doesn't happen with the other reading programs or eReaders!
(P.S. the ePUB was exported by InDesign and manually changed.)

Screenshots:

I switched the font to Cochin, where the problem is more visible.

As you can see the font-family and -size between the <ul>-tags is different from the other text. Whereas in <span>-tags it behaves as I wish.
(What's puzzling me: doesn't iBooks always override the embedded fonts?!)

Here the HTML-Code:
Code:
<p class="Tipps---berschrift">Praxistipps</p>
<ul>
<li><span class="fett">Überlege:</span> Welche Menschen, denen du in letzter Zeit begegnet bist, waren dir sympathisch? <br/>Wo bahnt sich etwas an? </li>
<li><span class="fett">Erweiteren:</span> Es gibt Orte und Aktivitäten, bei denen du dich bei ersten Begegnungen sicher fühlst. Erweitere das, indem du neue Orte und Ansprachen ausprobierst. </li>
<li><span class="fett">Wahrnehmen:</span> Übe dich darin, körpersprachliche Signale von Sympathie und Antipathie, die andere aussenden, bewusst wahrzunehmen. </li>
</ul>

<p class="Tipps---berschrift">Buchtipps </p>
<ul>
<li>Wolfgang Krüger: <span class="kursiv">Wie man Freunde fürs Leben gewinnt: Vom Glück einer besonderen Beziehung. </span>Herder, 2010.</li>
<li>Rosemarie Stresemann: <span class="kursiv">Mich zeigen. Leben ohne falsche Scham.</span> Down to Earth, 2010</li>
</ul>
Here parts of the CSS:
Code:
ul {
	font-family : "DejaVuSerif", serif;
	font-weight : normal;
	font-style : normal;
	font-size : 0.85em;
	text-decoration : none;
	font-variant : normal;
	line-height : 1.3;
	text-align : left;
	color : #000000;
	text-indent : 0px;
	list-style-type: square;
	margin: 0.5em 0em 0em 1.5em;
}
li {
	margin : 0px 0px 0.5em 0px;
}
span.kursiv {
	font-family : "DejaVuSerif-Italic", serif;
	font-weight : normal;
	font-style : italic;
}
span.fett {
	font-family : "DejaVuSerif-Bold", serif;
	font-weight : bold;
	font-style : normal;
	color : #313131;
}
Is there a way to solve that problem? I really don't wanna wrap all the lists in this book in <span>-tags manually, because there are lots of them...!

Thank you for your kind help.

Stefan

Last edited by dasboeh; 09-15-2011 at 02:37 AM.
dasboeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Did you try exporting witt he the "Convert numbered lists to text" enabled?
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 AM   #3
dasboeh
dasboeh is on a distinguished road

Device: Bokeen Cybook Opus; Sony PRS-300; Amazon Kindle 3rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Did you try exporting witt he the "Convert numbered lists to text" enabled?
I tried this first. But the black small square (▪) was not shown by ADE or the Sony Reader. Instead they showed a big "?". So I changed to export to unsorted lists.
dasboeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It should work though. As a work-around, I think you could create a span class for the normal text and remove is from the <ul> class. You could also try to put the font family in the <li> class instead of the <ul> class.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote