Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2008, 04:20 AM   #16
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledelectron View Post
Using a US wall wort would be bad.
Not necessarily. That is EXACTLY what I do with my PRS500 charger. I have put aside the US cable that goes between wall and the charger and purchased european cable plugged it into wall and into the charger. The label on the charger says: Input 100 - 240V, 50-60Hz.
So I have plugged the charger into 230V 50Hz mains socket, measured (with and without load using digital and also good old analog voltmeter) that it really gives 5.2V at the output and then I connected the Reader.
Simple and easy.

The charger for PRS500 is a Switched-mode power supply

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched-mode_power_supply
Quote:
Switched-mode PSUs in domestic products such as personal computers often have universal inputs, meaning that they can accept power from most mains supplies throughout the world, with rated frequencies from 50 Hz to 60 Hz and voltages from 100 V to 240 V (although a manual voltage "range" switch may be required). In practice they will operate from a much wider frequency range and often from a DC supply as well.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
SharmaMV
SharmaMV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Yet to buy the charger.
SharmaMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I certainly wouldn't buy an iPod charger in that case - they are extremely expensive. You can buy a "no name" USB wall changer from any electrical store very cheaply.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I've had trouble charging both Readers (500 and 505) with a USB charger.

To avoid problems (and this was mentioned in another thread), buy a SONY PSP CHARGER. it will charge any Reader, and charges much faster than a USB charger. I've tried several USB chargers, and they sometimes indicate a USB connection, but generally do NOT charge my Reader.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
srayfox
srayfox began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
Looking for a charger for my ebookwise reader

Hi,

I'm looking for a charger for an ebookwise reader I just picked up. I looked at several universal power adapters but all the heads seen too large to fit into the unit. Any ideas???
srayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #21
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by srayfox View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a charger for an ebookwise reader I just picked up. I looked at several universal power adapters but all the heads seen too large to fit into the unit. Any ideas???
I suggest that you ask this question again in the ebookwise part of the forum, srayfox. This corner is largely visited by Sony owners and the ebookwise people may never see it. Go and start a thread with your question.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote