Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
activitygoof
activitygoof began at the beginning.

Device: skytex
Problem Transfering

can anyone help me I love calibre but for some reason I can only transfer one bbok to my reader any more and it easers the one I first put on but i can put as many books from my reader to the library wthout any prblem Can you help me
activitygoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by activitygoof View Post
can anyone help me I love calibre but for some reason I can only transfer one bbok to my reader any more and it easers the one I first put on but i can put as many books from my reader to the library wthout any prblem Can you help me
How are you putting Calibre books on your device?
Do all the books that fail have different Titles?

BTW Welcome to Mobileread

Moderator Notice
I moved your message, please start a New post, rather than HiJack a existing thread on a different topic.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Not quite understanding.

Can you only have one book on your reader at a time using calibre? If you send for example 27 different books only one is actually on the reader?
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
activitygoof

My reader has more than one on it...the problem is that when I put more than one book on my reader only one book goes to the reader and than it will erease one from the reader that was already on the reader...but I can put more than one book from the reader to library without any problem
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My reader has more than one on it...the problem is that when I put more than one book on my reader only one book goes to the reader and than it will erease one from the reader that was already on the reader...but I can put more than one book from the reader to library without any problem
Your reader may need user at the controls steps to refresh the Booklist displayed.

EG. The K4 needs a 'Restart' selected from the Menu to discover new Collections
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have never seen a Skytex so not much help. I don't even see a calibre plugin for it?

Are you using save to disk?

What happens if you put the books on manually (you might have to check which folder they are in when sent from reader software)?

Helen
Old 03-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
activitygoof

I have window 7 and have no idea how to reset my reader
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
activitygoof

I tried that didn't work it seems I might have a problem with a setting on Caliber any ideas
Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard

Have you tried using the calibre server?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I have window 7 and have no idea how to reset my reader
Reset the Reader is in the READER's manual as it is ONLY a device function.
Note: All readers have a Reset. Not all Reset's fix these kinds of problems.

This problem appears to be a Devic specific issue and the Manufacturers forum/support desk might be the only place to get answers (yours is the first of this brand I remember hearing about)
Old 03-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
activitygoof

well it's new...I'm a grandmother and needed a reader that is not touch screen because of my shaking hands..if you knon anyone who needs one like mine I think this is what they need you can watch movies read books store pictures and not need great eye site or steady hands I'll try resetting thaks for you help
Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
activitygoof

tried resetting didn't help I got a new computer and my sykex worked ok on my old one it had windows xp

Last edited by activitygoof; 03-26-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
tried resetting didn't help I got a new computer and my sykex worked ok on my old one it had windows xp
That is a CLUE

This could be Anti-virus or a bad USB (driver).
I have to go to work right now, so maybe others can step up to (help) the plate.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
activitygoof

I also deleted calibre and than downloaded it again still same problem can anyone help
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It sounds like only the last book is on the reader after you add several. Is that correct? If so, has the save template for sending the book to the reader been changed? This is in the preferences under "Sending books to devices". In the "Save template" field, I have "{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}", which I think is the default. If this is changed to something that doesn't have any fields in it, then only one name will be used to put the books on the reader.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote