Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
sfguy5874
sfguy5874 began at the beginning.

Device: android; and laptop
Adding books already in library directory but not library database

I used rsync to add books into my Calibre Library directory from another remote folder. But Calibre doesn't automatically "find" them. LibraryMaintenance-CheckLibrary function can find them but can't do anything with them.

Is there some way I can easily identify what books are new inside a calibre library folder, and automatically add them to the library database?

I'm using rsync to sync my calibre libraries on different machines.
sfguy5874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfguy5874 View Post
I used rsync to add books into my Calibre Library directory from another remote folder. But Calibre doesn't automatically "find" them. LibraryMaintenance-CheckLibrary function can find them but can't do anything with them.

Is there some way I can easily identify what books are new inside a calibre library folder, and automatically add them to the library database?

I'm using rsync to sync my calibre libraries on different machines.
You can't add/remove books through side doors.
Each title through the front door, gets an {id} that is unique to that computers Library folder-Metadata.db combination. Other parts keep track of formats that belong to those id's.
Library maintenance, only Flags things that do not belong to the Metadata (db) or does not match the metadata.opf.

If you want to add books, setup and use a calibre auto-add folder or maintain a separate library (folder) for the remote. IMHO this is awful close to having 2 computers accessing the Same Library at the same time... a waiting to clash.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert