Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
HeyYou
Interested in everything!
HeyYou began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & Nook Color
Shutdown when attaching to network

This weekend, my NC exhibited a strange behavior - it would shut down when connecting to a new network. This happened a couple of times, and seemed consistent. Generally, it would connect after a full restart or two - very irritating.

Searching the web didn't seem to pull up anyone experiencing the same issue, so I was at a loss. Then it occurred to me that perhaps the problem was the number of networks that I had connected to previously. The NC is my primary on-the-road communicator, so I have an extensive list of networks on the device.

Yesterday I deleted a number of rarely used network descriptions, and last night had no issue connecting to a new network. Hooray, no shutdown!

This isn't definitive yet, but if you have the same problem perhaps it will help.
HeyYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
HeyYou

Continuing the saga - this definitely appears to be an issue for me. Has anyone else seen it?

I'll try and count the number required for shutdown to occur as the number increases again.
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
Continuing the saga - this definitely appears to be an issue for me. Has anyone else seen it?
It seems you have made a new discovery!!!
I have not seen your issue, but I am guessing that you are using the stock Nook Color firmware which I do not use anyway???
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
HeyYou

Yup, stock Nook Color, v1.2.0.

Everything seems stable with 12 wireless networks in the list. The danger point is somewhere above that.

Tags
network shutdown