Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Nook and Facebook

I just got my new Nook Touch (or whatever it is called) and just love it. One of the things I thought would be fun was the social aspect--linking with Facebook, etc. I tried to sign up and have a question. I expected it to link with my profile, etc, but it says it will have access to my friends info also. Is this normal? Has anyone already signed up with Facebook? I didn't want to sign up until I understood exactly what the BN app would do. I would hate for all my friends to get ads from BN! I don't play games on Facebook or do any of the apps there, so don't know if this is normal for FB. Thanks!
Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So does anyone even use the social features (FB, twitter, etc?)? Am I the only one wondering about it?
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I signed on with both Facebook and Twitter. You can post recommendations, reading status, rating or Like on Facebook. You can also contact a friend via Facebook to lend them a book. It will only post when you tell it to though. You have to double click on the book in the library and then select Share. You can also only do this with BN books, not any side loaded.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #4
OrganicJerk
Enthusiast
OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
You can also only do this with BN books, not any side loaded.

Wow that sucks. So that was why the "Share" link was greyed out when reading my books, which at this point are All sideloaded
OrganicJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
I only use the "share" feature in facebook sometimes. I started using this with the NC and now the Touch has it, too. I have never used the "lend me" because I don't know people that own nooks. Even if I did, I don't think I would use it much. It's hard to find people that like the same type of books I do.
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
rxmom03
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
I signed on with both Facebook and Twitter. You can post recommendations, reading status, rating or Like on Facebook. You can also contact a friend via Facebook to lend them a book. It will only post when you tell it to though. You have to double click on the book in the library and then select Share. You can also only do this with BN books, not any side loaded.
Thanks. I'm sad that it only does it with BN books (since most of mine are not) but I guess it makes sense. I'm sure they don't want to advertise books bought somewhere else!