Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
kglo
kglo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hardware Page Turn Switch for Glo??

Has anyone had a go at adding a hardware page turn switch to the glo? I hate having to use the second hand to touch the screen to turn pages.

Any ideas on how to implement this, anyone? I'm not even sure what I would attach a switch to to make it think that the screen has been touched. I could implement some kind of mechanical solution but I'm sure that would end up being very ugly. I'd much rather attach a nice switch somewhere along the side, so I could easily switch pages with the hand holding the device.
kglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
You can install Coolreader and map whole bottom and left side areas to turn page, so you will be able to turn pages with hand holding device.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The Kobo software settings "Reading settings" includes some (Much more limited) tap zone settings, as well. Coolreader has a 3x3 grid with 9 tap zones. There are also configurable gestures.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote