Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
BeBook Neo ships

Looks as if the new BeBook Neo has now started shipping. I pre-ordered at the end of Jan and have just received a FedEx tracking e-mail, with delivery due on Friday.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mobi & epub ?

looks interesting, and we'll all be wanting a review when you get time Harry. : please:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
mobi & epub ?
Non-DRM Mobi and DRM ePub.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Mine came today.

Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Mine came today.

Stop reminding us that you already have yours!

Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 03:31 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What are your first impressions of it?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:41 AM   #7
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have not had much time to play with it yet but so far:-

It is lovely to look at and hold.
I can't get the Wifi to work (todays mission)
Mobi, Epub, Txt and PDF all work fine.
Dictionaries sort of work as long as the word you want to look up is capitalised.
Sketching/annotation looks good but I have barely touched (touched....get it) upon that side.

This evening will be the first uninterrupted time I will get with it.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just got an e-mail from FedEx saying that they attempted delivery, but I was out, so I'll pick mine up from the FedEx depot tonight. Looking forward to using it!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #9
kapaka
kapaka began at the beginning.

Device: BQ
Got mine this morning !!!
Wifi works nice
Sketching with the wacom not so good because of screen lag. Good for writing notes but drawing is awkward. Maybe when I get used...
kapaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapaka View Post
Got mine this morning !!!
Wifi works nice
Sketching with the wacom not so good because of screen lag. Good for writing notes but drawing is awkward. Maybe when I get used...
Screen lag is something you get used to on any eInk screen. The simple answer is not to "wait" for the screen; just write or draw at your normal speed, and the screen will "catch up" with you.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
Stormchild
Evangelist

Talking

I got WiFi to work but I had to swap my network over to WPA from WEP. I then connected easily. Web browsing is quite a painless affair and I easily posted a message to the BeBook forum and downloaded some books from Smashwords. I am starting to be VERY impressed. I just need a nice Stylz cover that I can clip my booklight to and this might replace my Mini. I say might because I have not actually read a book on it yet. Come on, I have to play with it. Don't I?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
I got WiFi to work but I had to swap my network over to WPA from WEP. I then connected easily. Web browsing is quite a painless affair and I easily posted a message to the BeBook forum and downloaded some books from Smashwords. I am starting to be VERY impressed. I just need a nice Stylz cover that I can clip my booklight to and this might replace my Mini. I say might because I have not actually read a book on it yet. Come on, I have to play with it. Don't I?

sorry, you're changing your car for a reading device ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:44 AM   #13
Stormchild
Evangelist

Old 02-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Just ignore that person... The important people know what mini you're talking about!

(and I won't do my Mini away, even if I get another reader!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #15
AlfonsVH
Addict

I received my Neo!!!!

Very impressed so far, especially with the speed & PDF capabilities.