Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Badass Battery Monitor

I just installed from the Amazon Android Store the above named App from here:

http://www.amazon.com/GSam-Labs-Bada...3315294&sr=1-1

It was just upgraded to Version 1.7 per this blurb at the site:

What's new in version 1.7
Honeycomb Tablet Support
Share your average battery life with others
Added ability to copy app to SD Card
Fixed notification icon not updating and other bugs
Performance & CPU Utilization Improvements

Hopefully, it will now fit the Kindle Fire. Version 1.4 had some criticisms by 3 purchasers due to a lack of fit.

I'm trying it now with a charge of my Fire from the 15% level. It's icon in the Notification area now seems accurate after comparing it to the device battery graph. That seems to be an improvment from the 3 folks who complained at version 1.4.

This App will tell us which other Apps we are using as a percentage of the total and much other information.

The Manual for version 1.4 is here:

http://badassbatterymonitor.blogspot...1_archive.html

Its monitor icon is in the Notification Area. It's the first time I went to that area and found updates for two other Apps I use. I presume all of us should go to that area at least once per day to retrieve updates. I never knew of that before.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-07-2011 at 10:46 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I

Its monitor icon is in the Notification Area. It's the first time I went to that area and found updates for two other Apps I use. I presume all of us should go to that area at least once per day to retrieve updates. I never knew of that before.
It can get kind of clutter if you don't check it often and some apps when remaining open will put a notice in that area it's still open.

Anytime I see the number 3 on mine I check. I have two ongoing apps that stay in the Notifications Bar so it's always at 2 but when it goes higher I check that area for what's new.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert