Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
What book would you like to see converted for your e-reader?

I have one book that I have always absolutely loved and it just is not available for the e-reader. I have emailed B&N, Amazon and Borders hoping they'll listen.

The book is written by Lillian Rogers Parks. The book title is: My Thirty Years At the White House. This is the book they used when they made the very popular mini series they called "Backstairs at the Whitehouse" with Leslie Ugumms and Louis Gosset, Jr.

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup. My go-to manual for work and my only copy is signed by the author so I would *like* to put it somewhere safe..
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Any one or more of Ellery Queen's mystery novels. I've got several in hard copy but it would be great to be able to read them on the go.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
kevrab
kevrab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
"Catcher in the Rye"--the book that I read as a kid that really turned me on to reading.
kevrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Does it have to be one book? I'd like the entire Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian. I had started collecting the paperbacks some time ago, but I soon realised that I don't have space for the entire series of twenty-one books.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that there's any one book which I must have as an ebook.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
babs_johnson
filthiest person alive!
babs_johnson began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-900
Paul Scott The Raj Quartet.
babs_johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Leslie Charteris The Saint series
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:56 AM   #8
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Pretty much any book by Graham Greene.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #9
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
The Richard Allen Skinhead books, and all the Hells Angels books from the 70s. But not even the pirates seem to be interested in creating them.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
The Jennings books by Anthony Buckeridge - they are not expensive to buy second-hand, I just can't justify the space.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The Mr. & Mrs. North series by Frances and Richard Lockridge. None are currently available as eBooks.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
Pagali
Enthusiast
Pagali is on a distinguished road

Device: PC, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 4
Mary Stewart's novels.
The Count St. Germain series by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

[The Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett -- I just discovered that this series was released Aug 11, after I last checked. Available at Amazon, Borders, B&N...]

Last edited by Pagali; 09-10-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Pagali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
I have one book that I have always absolutely loved and it just is not available for the e-reader. I have emailed B&N, Amazon and Borders hoping they'll listen.

The book is written by Lillian Rogers Parks. The book title is: My Thirty Years At the White House. This is the book they used when they made the very popular mini series they called "Backstairs at the Whitehouse" with Leslie Ugumms and Louis Gosset, Jr.

Marie
Is it available for any eReader? If not then you'd be better off addressing your email to the publisher and the author - they're the ones that would create, or give the approval to create, the eBook version.

I'll be the first to say it.... The Harry Potter books. I know I can get them on the darkside but she deserves her money for her work so I'll keep waiting and hoping.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #14
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
All the books in The Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice, I have it in pbooks but would like to read them again.

I have it in PDF form but it's 11MB and I can't get it to convert to epub properly.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Anything by John Dos Passos. Some of his earlier works are available but not his USA trilogy which is awesome.

Anne Rice wants her books to be converted but for some reason the Publisher won't do it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote