Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
iTunes sync question

Ok, sorry if this is not the right forum for this one

I can't find a way to fully sync wife's iPod with iTunes. iTunes has 2164 songs while iPod 2136.

I tried two times, even deleting from iPhone and start again. I'm using the "entire music library" option.

Also, is there any way to find the delta? And ... can I accidentally (via iTunes sync, not manually) delete songs from my music library or iTunes list while syncing?

I hate iTunes!!!
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Maybe some of your songs are not in a format that the iPod can read? That happens a lot with video, but with audio I don't know if it's a possibility.

I would try to find the option to "reset messages" or something (I don't have iTunes here at work) and see if there are warning messages when syncing.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm...

Thanks for reply.

Couple of things. All my songs are mp3 songs. No videos on iTunes.

Did I say I hate iTunes? ;-)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Check to see if any of the songs can't be found. iTunes isn't really the most user friendly in telling one when things are amiss.

Is the iPod actually full and can't store any more songs?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline

No, it's not full. Not even 25%, less than that.

I hate to say this, but I think I will delete and re-sync again and see what happens. So many songs (over 2k) that would be hard for me to tell, at least, I don't know how.
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #6
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Not something I've experienced directly (never had an iPod big enough to sync my entire music library, lol) but twenty eight songs not transferring sounds like it could just be a couple of albums that have gone awry; were these ripped from CDs or bought through iTune Store? Also, do all the songs play OK in iTunes? Might be worth spending a few minutes scrolling through iTunes to make sure all the files are accessible i.e. no little "!" alongside any of the tracks.

If the songs were bought from iTunes Store, then were they bought under the same account that you're currently logged in as? That might prevent them playing, which would probably prevent them from being transferred??

Not sure that there's any real shortcut to finding which songs are missing - but finding two albums out of two hundred sounds like a better starting point than trying to find twenty songs out of two thousand

Good luck, Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
people still use iPods?

just kidding

Last time I had a problem like that it turned out I had some songs in iTuned that iTunes could not find. It counted the entry as being part of my library but did not sync since there was nothing to actually sync
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
NETLOLA
NETLOLA began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
No, it's not full. Not even 25%, less than that.

I hate to say this, but I think I will delete and re-sync again and see what happens. So many songs (over 2k) that would be hard for me to tell, at least, I don't know how.
There's a great article describing iTunes alternatives that would accomplish the task:
"Here’s Five Alternatives to iTunes 10 for Easily Managing Your iPod":
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/29716...ing-your-ipod/

CopyTrans looks really promising!

Quote:
"This is a free app that will let you transfer your songs from your computer to an iPod, iPod Touch, or iPhone out of the box. After a quick and easy install, it will launch and is ready for you to connect your iPod, iPod Touch / iPhone.

We were then able to add playlists to CopyTrans Manager and sync them with the iPod. You can add and delete music, videos, podcasts, and more. It’s lightweight and works nice for managing your music collection without iTunes. You can also listen to the music through your computer with your iPod or iOS device plugged in."
NETLOLA is offline   Reply With Quote