Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
buy kindle voyage from us amazon

I need som advice

is it cheeper to buy the kindle voyage from amazon usa
or amazon uk?

what problem will i have.

im asuming the power plug would possible be a problem

reason for asking it looks cheeper to get from amazon usa than uk
and my uncle is over in the usa so was going ask if they can look for the voyage , in the shops over there.

but not sure if i should wait and get a voyage from amazon uk dec order

please advise .
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
The plug won't be a problem as you don't get a wall plug, just a usb lead.

As for buying it in the US you'd have issues over here if you needed to return it.

You would still be able to register it to your UK account and I guess you could ring Amazon UK if you had problems but you couldn't return it to the UK and I'm not sure what they would do if you needed a warrenty replacement or were unhappy with the screen.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

thank josie, was just wondering if it was a good idea but think i wait for the new stock to come in ( amazon uk ) just hope my old kindle dosent die between now and the time my new one arrives. ( half way through a book)
Old 11-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you're in the UK, you can't buy a Kindle from amazon.com; the site will just tell you to buy from amazon.co.uk.

But why are you asking about buying a Voyage when you bought a PW only a day or two ago?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #5
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you're in the UK, you can't buy a Kindle from amazon.com; the site will just tell you to buy from amazon.co.uk.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #6
sian
Addict

damn :'( well worth a try .
Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
sian
Addict

and was just a thought :'(
Old 11-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #8
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
To elaborate on my earlier reply -- I have no problem buying from amazon.com while in Canada and I'm too lazy to VPN to UK to see if things change if I've had a UK-based IP, but I doubt anything will change (as long as you have a billing address in the country where you want to make a purchase, which is the only restriction for Amazon afaik).

I don't think there's a single online geo-restriction now which cannot be beaten, I think Google is the hardest because if you have an Android phone they know who is your native provider, despite the IP, but even with Google I'm able to get the US-only content for free from the Play Store while in Canada.

Anyways there're ways to buy US-only Kindle from outside of the US (and I've been doing it for years) and then either pick it up in US or use a mail forwarding service. Who dares wins.

PS. There're even quite a few free VPN services, although most with the very modest monthly limit, it is usually more than enough to make 10 or so orders.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #9
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I did it in the past (white Kindle Keyboard with advertisements for usd 129 instead of black KK in Europe for Eur 179, so that made a lot of financial sense)

However, when I broke the screen later, it took me a very long time to get my replacement from he US to Europe. Got a European version instead. My suggestion, the small difference in price is not worth the hassle.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I think the original OP was asking as she had a relative in the US at the time. I'd consider it if I were personally in the US and could inspect the device before leaving the country, but in all other cases it's not worth the hassle.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #11
stangri
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I think the original OP was asking as she had a relative in the US at the time. I'd consider it if I were personally in the US and could inspect the device before leaving the country, but in all other cases it's not worth the hassle.
Wait, what? According to a local mod "we're all saying it's a difference of perception, not the faulty device". What would inspection help?

PS. What kind of hassle is it to return a device from UK? Maybe things are easier here because of NAFTA, but I've had zero problems doing exchange for the US-purchased device from Canada.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #12
sian
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Wait, what? According to a local mod "we're all saying it's a difference of perception, not the faulty device". What would inspection help?

PS. What kind of hassle is it to return a device from UK? Maybe things are easier here because of NAFTA, but I've had zero problems doing exchange for the US-purchased device from Canada.
yep my uncle is visiting family in usa and was wondering about asking him to get the voyage for me.

but as josie said its all a matter of how i see the screen , my uncle may see the scren and inspect it and he may think it ok but i might not. that a to big a gamble to be honest.

i no my cousion is flying between uk and usa for his job but its also a bit of a big request / responsibility for them as how do they no the voyage id ok when they buy it.

Thinking it through it is easyer to get voyage from over here and if there problems then it shouldnt be diffucult to sort out

My problem now is finding one in uk in stock or pre order.
and there no where to be found at the mo ( still looking)

Looks like the kindle voyage is the number 1 christmas present on everyone list.

Last edited by sian; 11-21-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #13
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
If I was ordering a 3G version I'd want to get it from the US because in Japan 3G is limited to Japan only and not worldwide for some reason.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote