Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
ag23456
ag23456 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Keyboard
Kindle 3G help: Can the dictionaries work with newspapers?

Hello:

I've read several forums on how to use Kindle dictionaries with foreign-language books--and the directions have been very helpful. I'm now able to use both the Spanish and the German dictionaries--with their useful 'pop-up' definitions--with the books I've downloaded to my Kindle 3g Keyboard. (The definitions are somewhat limited, but they do work.)

Here's my question:

Is there a way to have my existing dictionaries recognize the text I'm reading from online foreign newspapers?

Specifically, I want to use my dictionaries--with their 'pop-up' definitions--to work when I'm reading a foreign-language newspaper, like Die Zeit. Is there a way to interface my Kindle dictionary with the online newspaper (i.e. to have them both function at the same time, where the dictionary recognizes the words on the online newspaper page)?

Thank you in advance to whomever can help!

ag23456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dictionary, kindle 3g, newspapers, read