Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #27481
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here

And I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj1AesMfIf8 )

I see the sunrise every morning, and every morning I'm blown away by it. It's just amazing! There are some things God got right! He messed up with avocados... He made the pit to big. But He (She?) sure got sunrise correct!

Good morning everyone! Looks as if it's going to be another beautiful day here in the Land of Smiles. Unbranded Keemun tea in my cup, Felicity is laying on top of the shelf next to me watching the sun come up too, the Food Lady is downstairs with an assortment of goodies that I'll get to in a few minutes, gonna wax the new bike this morning, got a guitar lesson scheduled for this afternoon, and I think today is going to be the very best day ever! And if it doesn't turn out that way, there is always tomorrow! Hell, when you're as optimistic as I am, even yesterday can get better!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #27482
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
May she become rich and famous, and support you and her mother in the fashion to which you would like to become accustomed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Good luck to your daughter, orlok!
Thanks. Apparently she has got the part as long as she passes the makeup screen test! We should know in the next 24 hours or so.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #27483
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks. Apparently she has got the part as long as she passes the makeup screen test! We should know in the next 24 hours or so.
How exciting! My fingers are crossed for her.

Water in my cup and waiting for my coffee to brew. It's time to relax and wait for the soup to be done. I love making a huge pot and freezing portions for those days when I don't feel like cooking.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:35 AM   #27484
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. Apparently she has got the part as long as she passes the makeup screen test!
Why a makeup test. Did she miss the first one?

Stitchawl
Old 01-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #27485
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
'tis empty ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #27486
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Peet's Holiday Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #27487
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The first tea of the day. The other teas are good, but that first one ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
... It's time to relax and wait for the soup to be done. I love making a huge pot and freezing portions for those days when I don't feel like cooking.
Back before I had kids I would make a large stew in a crock pot, but I would leave out the potatoes. Then I could freeze dinner-sized portions -- potatoes don't freeze well. When it was time to use one I would microwave a potato, then heat the stew to go with it. It worked pretty well.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #27488
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I now have a glass of Rioja red, and my daughter has a Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer, as we are celebrating. She got the part!

She plays the daughter of a hitman, and is the female lead. The actor playing one of the roles alongside her is a fairly well know character actor here in the UK, and the role of the Dad is still being cast but will be another "name". And it will be the first real earning job she has ever had. Happy days .
Old 01-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #27489
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Yay! (They didn't want to cast her real Dad?!?!)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #27490
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Yay! (They didn't want to cast her real Dad?!?!)
Funnily enough...it was suggested, but I was worried about being sued for cracking the camera lens .
Old 01-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #27491
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Well I now have a glass of Rioja red, and my daughter has a Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer, as we are celebrating. She got the part!

She plays the daughter of a hitman, and is the female lead. The actor playing one of the roles alongside her is a fairly well know character actor here in the UK, and the role of the Dad is still being cast but will be another "name". And it will be the first real earning job she has ever had. Happy days .
Congrats!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #27492
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Congratulations, orlok! Good news.

Lapsang Souchong in my cup. It's grey today, and will be tomorrow as well.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #27493
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yay!!!! Congrats Orlok!!!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:04 PM   #27494
Stitchawl
Opsimath

When the sun in the morning peeps over the hill
And kisses the roses 'round my window sill
Then my heart fills with gladness when I hear the trill
Of the birds in the treetops on Mockingbird Hill

Tra la la, tweedle dee dee dee
It gives me a thrill
To wake up in the morning
To the mockingbird's trill
Tra la la tweedle dee dee dee
There's peace and good will
You're welcome as the flowers
On Mockingbird Hill

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekjFjTBSGNw )

Good morning, everyone. OK, so there are no mockingbirds in Thailand. We have Mynah birds instead. They mimic all the others, but much louder. Lots of bird sounds that I can't recognize! But it's a riot of noise sometimes in the jungles, not the quiet one would imagine. But there is good tea in the jungle these days. Today, it's East India Company's "Assam" tea, to go along with the Food Lady's selections.

Quote:
Congrats to her from me, it you will. And congrats to you and yours for passing on such talented genes! I hope she comes to love the business!

Stitchawl
Old 01-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #27495
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Back before I had kids I would make a large stew in a crock pot, but I would leave out the potatoes. Then I could freeze dinner-sized portions -- potatoes don't freeze well. When it was time to use one I would microwave a potato, then heat the stew to go with it. It worked pretty well.
I don't seem to have any problem with freezing the potatoes in my soup or stew, but I put them in the deep freezer (frost free).
Quote:

Congratulations!!! I hope she has a great time doing this.

Fresh Sumatra in my cup and waiting for my roast to finish.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?