Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Sigil 024 and regular expressions on "all HTML files"

Hi, just downloaded the newest version of Sigil (0.2.4).

I hoped one thing would be fixed, but then again I never reported it, I just hoped someone else had already...
At least 0.2.3 had the same problem.

I am actually not sure if it really is a bug or I'm doing something wrong or there is a reason for this.

I have prepared a small book (well, an epub file), nearly no content, you can get it here: http://www.box.net/shared/ke05z6bk0g

The cover page shows the exact search and replace settings I use:
In the "More" part "Regular Expression" and "All" is checked, "Find what" is "<p>[0-9]+</p>" and "Replace with" is "<h4>\0</h4>", "Look in" is set to "All HTML files". (means I am in Code view)

(Explanation of what the regexp should do: find paragraphs with just numbers in it and make them to H4 headers.)

When I do this replace Sigil tells me it replaced three occasions, which is correct. I can see in the background that the change did happen (if I have Section0001-4 open, not Cover.xhtml)
But when I close the Search/Replace window all strings of the form <p>1</p> are back to like they were before.
If I go into one of the three Section000x.xhtmls (not the cover.xhtml) and do the same search and replace there with "Current file" it says "replaced 1 time" (correct), and this time the replace really did work. Still all done in code view.

If I then again try once more the "All HTML files" replace it again says "replaced 3 times" (still correct).
But not only that the other two ones are not changed, even the one that successful got changed changed back to the old value which makes me think there might be a reason for this behaviour.

Is it a bug? If not, why not?

I think there are more occurances were a replace looked succesful on the first sight but was not after I left the search window, but I could not really recreate it.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I was seeing something like this a few days ago Sigil 0.2.3
CV
I was changing all nbsp; to a standard space (on a single page)
I tried Find (found),
Replace (see change),
Replace All (see changes),
Click back into CV text area
I watched the screen REVERT to &nbsp; (S+R box is not closed)

Set insert point to TOP
Repeat

This time JOY

This was repeatable for 20 different chapters
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Report it on the tracker. Here's how. Also add a link to this thread.

I've been getting similar reports of this recently, but I've so far been unable to reproduce any of them. Maybe your test case will be the exception.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
done, #540
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Report it on the tracker. Here's how. Also add a link to this thread.

I've been getting similar reports of this recently, but I've so far been unable to reproduce any of them. Maybe your test case will be the exception.
Had not saved my exaxt S+R settings.
If it happens again
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert