Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #16
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
There have been quite a few 'independent nations' created in Australia over the years. Probably the longest-lasting is a sheep-and-wheat station in Western Australia, it has a prince and everything! And, ironically enough, it's probably larger than numerous other internationally-recognised nations put together *lol*
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Y'all can say what you want about Texas, but we Hawaiians have the only bona fide US royalty, and the only royal palace on US soil!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #18
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
There's nothing wrong with us Texans....

It's just that everyone else is soooooo short.

Unfortunately, I am a short Texan. That should not be allowed. I should be made taller so I won't embarass the rest of the state.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes1 View Post
Unfortunately, I am a short Texan. That should not be allowed. I should be made taller so I won't embarass the rest of the state.
Me, too. I think the Texan in my jeans genes ended with my Dad (6' 2") and brother (6' 4"). Maybe I was adopted - from Oklahoma.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #20
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Me, too. I think the Texan in my jeans genes ended with my Dad (6' 2") and brother (6' 4"). Maybe I was adopted - from Oklahoma.

They just don't make dogs like they used to . . .

Maybe if you walk up on your hind legs you'll look taller.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I get bemused at threads like this. You know, nobody complains when a French citizen wishes to live their life by their customs, or that a Dane has different customs than a Spainard, or even that a Californian had different views than a Maine citizen. But let a Texan be unabashedly Texan, following Texas customs, and half the US is jumping down our throat, bashing us for being uncouth and maybe being the second coming of the Anti-Christ. I don't understand their heartburn.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #22
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I get bemused at threads like this. You know, nobody complains when a French citizen wishes to live their life by their customs, or that a Dane has different customs than a Spainard, or even that a Californian had different views than a Maine citizen. But let a Texan be unabashedly Texan, following Texas customs, and half the US is jumping down our throat, bashing us for being uncouth and maybe being the second coming of the Anti-Christ. I don't understand their heartburn.
That's 'cause your so ... Texan!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
We're only that way 'cause you-all so unabashedly despise the rest of us!

Anyway, I don't know why anyone would need to understand a Texan... as long as they know how to duck and cover...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #24
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
All you need to know about Texas (and maybe Texans?) is contained in the Austin Lounge Lizards song Stupid Texas Song. Complete lyrics and a 40-second clip at the URL.

Don't blame me for the song -- they're the Texans, not me! Just be aware that the Lounge Lizards' repertoire lacks any claim to seriousness. Humor, satire, etc... sure. Seriousness -- not a chance!

Xenophon

Last edited by Xenophon; 08-10-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: forgot the smilie!
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #25
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I feel like I can understand Texans very well, but every once in a while they might have to repeat something for me.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #26
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(Lifts Ten-Gallon hat and bows....)

Any time for a Southern Belle.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #27
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
We're only that way 'cause you-all so unabashedly despise the rest of us!

Anyway, I don't know why anyone would need to understand a Texan... as long as they know how to duck and cover...

We only despise people who tell us to sit down and shut up...or use sneaky ways to rob us.

P.S. Randy Newman (Political Science) is not a Texan...
Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #28
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
All you need to know about Texas (and maybe Texans?) is contained in the Austin Lounge Lizards song Stupid Texas Song. Complete lyrics and a 40-second clip at the URL.

Don't blame me for the song -- they're the Texans, not me! Just be aware that the Lounge Lizards' repertoire lacks any claim to seriousness. Humor, satire, etc... sure. Seriousness -- not a chance!

Xenophon

Blame you? --- Thank you, thank you, thank you! Saw the lyrics and bought the CD. The perfect anthem for 21st century Texas! Can't wait to put it in my listening rotation.....
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #29
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
We only despise people who tell us to sit down and shut up...or use sneaky ways to rob us.
That's funny... so do most of the rest of us.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #30
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
There have been quite a few 'independent nations' created in Australia over the years. Probably the longest-lasting is a sheep-and-wheat station in Western Australia, it has a prince and everything! And, ironically enough, it's probably larger than numerous other internationally-recognised nations put together *lol*
The Republic of Molossia is "a sovereign, independent nation-state, located in and completely surrounded by the United States, making it an enclave nation", apparently.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote