Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
CarlZog
CarlZog began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD
Random page scrolling problem on Story HD

I have a 3-month old Story HD (which I've loved 'til now!)

Every time I click the directional bar down to advance a page, it auto-scrolls backwards without stopping until it reaches the beginning of the book. Similarly, it auto-jumps to the top of lists on the home page. At the same time the left and right functions on the directional bar have stopped working at all.

I thought it was a hardware malfunction, but when I updated firmware it seemed to stop. But only for a short time. I've rebooted, removed the SD card, even redone setup. But no results.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks,
Carl
CarlZog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Must be a hardware problem. Sounds like the "up" key is stuck. Maybe it's just a bit of dirt that found its way into the device (the nav bar is particularly weak against dirt - and the plastic rim around it prevents dirt from going any other way than in). You could try holding it upside down and wiggle the bar around a bit, see if that helps.

Another possibility is if you have a leather case that does not quite fit this reader, and it keeps pressing the arrow keys in the lower right corner of the keyboard.

But most likely you'll just have to talk to iriver service for a repair/replacement.

You could open it up yourself but no sense in losing warranty over this.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote