Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 06-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #1
nepentanova
nepentanova began at the beginning.

Device: iOS, kindle
Audiobook Apps

Hi all, I have recently started to listen to a lot of audiobooks, and have found that audible doesn't play audiobooks that I can download for free. Is there an iOS app that plays audiobooks and syncs across devices (i listen on both my iPhone and iPad)

Thanks
nepentanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepentanova View Post
Hi all, I have recently started to listen to a lot of audiobooks, and have found that audible doesn't play audiobooks that I can download for free. Is there an iOS app that plays audiobooks and syncs across devices (i listen on both my iPhone and iPad)

Thanks
You might look into this app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/medi...737311241?mt=8

("Media cloud player for soundcloud") you can play media stored in OneDrive, Dropbox, Box Drive or Google Drive. It has variable playback controls for audiobooks and you can set bookmarks that I think you could use to simulate 'sync'. The reviews are not great, but it might be worth a try. And from that iTunes page you can find other apps in the same category that might be better (though I didn't see one that specifically supports audiobook features).

Another one that looks good (has good reviews) is 'CloudBeats'.

The use case for syncing audiobooks between iPhone and iPad is not one that has obvious benefits as far as my requirements go. Besides the fact that sync doesn't always work perfectly, one has to manage storage on both devices, and there does not seem to be any reason one cannot listen on iPhone while you are doing something on your iPad at the same time.

Sync is more important in Amazon's ecosystem due to the whole 'whispersync for voice' feature (sync reading position between ebook and audiobook). But it is not a BYO media feature.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-30-2015 at 01:16 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert