Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
Admittedly, I am new to this company. Can you please post or send any claims that have been officially announced on the web/websites which state our prices are the lowest, cheaper than our competitors, etc.? Admittedly, there are instances where our books are cheaper. I want to weed out any statements online that might suggest ALL of our titles our cheaper.
It was a claim that Robert made, but, as we all know, Robert was rather prone to making over-the-top claims about Astak products. I'll see if I can find the link for you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Here we are:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=14

Quote:
We are changing our eBook Store 101%. It will still have the lowest prices (and it already does have this)...
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #18
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Yeah, well. In his enthusiasm for the Astak products, Robert did occasionally engage his fingers before his brain woke up.

But I never saw a misstep on Robert's part that came close to that stupid contest Astak held last year that required a Facebook account in order to enter. And this closing the website in the customer's face without explanation comes close to that.

(I bought my PPro in spite of that and because of Robert, btw.)
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Thanks for sending me the links, HarryT. I think any misleading claims on price at the moment would be more hurtful than helpful for us, especially with all of the changes going on here.

And as far as price on our eBookstore, this is what I know for sure. Our wholesaler is charging us a higher price to carry titles on our site than the Big Stores are charging customers. They blame the publishers, of course, and publishers blame the wholesaler. We are trying to work directly with publishers to lower our price, which I think would be a great solution.

However, we do have reasonable prices compared to 'club' prices and other stores on the web. And often, a low price for a great book or indie title surprises me. Furthermore, if a customer can make a good case for me to lower a price on our site, even at a loss, I would happily do so.

We're not out to rip people off, overcharge, or inflate and point fingers. We ARE out to lower our prices enough to be competitive, and spotlight indie authors looking for a bookstore that actually listens.

And, as Robert has said in the past, our bookstore is literally going through a revamp with tons of improvements.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote