Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
Lung Bing
Lung Bing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Customise Calibre by removing unwanted plug-ins?

This is my first post so please be gentle with me!

First of all I would like to say how wonderful Calibre is, it does everything I want and I would be lost without it.

But Calibre is everything to everybody. Would it be possible for me to tailor it towards my e-reader which is a Kindle Paperwhite? What I am getting at, is would it be possible to uninstall the dozens of plug-ins that are built in to Calibre to make it interface with the many other readers and ebook formats that I have available to me but will never use? And would there be any benefits in program size and performance if I could do so?

Thank you for you help
Lung Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung Bing View Post
This is my first post so please be gentle with me!

First of all I would like to say how wonderful Calibre is, it does everything I want and I would be lost without it.

But Calibre is everything to everybody. Would it be possible for me to tailor it towards my e-reader which is a Kindle Paperwhite? What I am getting at, is would it be possible to uninstall the dozens of plug-ins that are built in to Calibre to make it interface with the many other readers and ebook formats that I have available to me but will never use? And would there be any benefits in program size and performance if I could do so?

Thank you for you help
Welcome

Preferences: Plugins: (selected built type in PI): Disable
or
Preferences: Plugins: (selected USER installed type PI): Disable/remove

THAT said: I recommend DON'T do it unless a specific PI needs to be disabled because it:
1)causes issues (non-bug) with your installation.
2)You are superseding a default PI with a Enhanced, user supplied PI that calls for disabling the default one)
People forget that they disabled a PI n years ago and now their NEW device is not found/supported and we chase false trails.

IIRC Calibre only indexes available PI on start, so there is not much of a performance hit. Calculated fields will cause way bigger perf hits
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert