Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Cool Book opens at different places

Hi - I have a Kobo Touch using Firmware 2.1.5 and in the past couple of weeks I have noticed something curious.

When I start a book it always used to open up with the cover and then I would scroll through the blurb, dedications etc to the start of the book.

Just recently some books, not all, have been opening at the start of Chapter One - which is annoying as if there is a Prologue, that has been bypassed to open at the first chapter and I have to continually scroll back to check I have not missed anything when starting a new book. I do prefer having the book open at the cover and then scrolling forward myself.

Is there anything I can do? All of my books are sideloaded via Calibre after metadata/cover update.

Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Hi - I have a Kobo Touch using Firmware 2.1.5 and in the past couple of weeks I have noticed something curious.

When I start a book it always used to open up with the cover and then I would scroll through the blurb, dedications etc to the start of the book.

Just recently some books, not all, have been opening at the start of Chapter One - which is annoying as if there is a Prologue, that has been bypassed to open at the first chapter and I have to continually scroll back to check I have not missed anything when starting a new book. I do prefer having the book open at the cover and then scrolling forward myself.

Is there anything I can do? All of my books are sideloaded via Calibre after metadata/cover update.

From my experience, Kobo readers open epub books at the start of the file indicated by the first entry in the table of contents file (toc.ncx). If the prologue wasn't in the toc, it would be skipped. You could use Sigil to add a TOC entry, I'm not sure if Calibre will do so.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Thankyou - will have a rummage!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote