Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #16
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I have run a 58 Mbyte PDF through PDFLRF to generate an LRF file (bigger) that I could read on my Sony Reader. No problems.
PDFLRF didn't make the text on my google ebook pdfs large enough to read.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #17
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shousa View Post
Wow....that really changes things (about my thinking).

Could you describe briefly your experience with PDFs and your Sony Reader?
All pdfs except for manybooks too small to read.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #18
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I have read files that big on the iLiad. They might take a while to open, but were very readable. Pageturns would take as long as with any other PDF.
Page turns on my illiad with 35 mb pdfs 30 seconds or more. Smaller ones are viewable, but very small text.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #19
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
Hi, I've also read that the illiad was good at large pdfs (better than the Sony 505's)
Better, but not really easy to read. Only on a tablet pc have I had good luck reading pdfs.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #20
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you have a letter sized PDF, the iLiad is better at displaying it then the 505. But if you use pdflrf with the 505, you may find the PDF just fine.
Never even came close to working for me.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #21
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Wow! 100 MB PDF? Sort of misses the point of a being a document and crosses over into a big image file. But I could imagine still desiring to be able to see it on a reader. Maybe break it into multiple pages?
Those images divided into only 100 pages at a time might be viewable on the illiad.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aru View Post
I had a 334 MB PDF, which was a book straight color scanned. My Sony PRS500 did digest it, but it was difficult to read (speed was not an issue) because of contrast and size. I reformatted it with rasterfarian and now have a perfectly readable 24 MB file. So 100 MB is not an issue, however if it is a straight scan you may be able to improve size and readability.
Anbody now of some very detailed, easy instructions, listing every single step to using rasterfarian to reformat pdf files?

Last edited by amgoforth; 05-02-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #23
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I have a pdf file over 150MB readable on iLiad. I think it's not the size of file that matters, it's the size of a page that does.
Could you give all he details, I am very interested in that.