Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #1
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Help - Calibre installation failed

I use Windows 7 and tried to update my old Calibre as directed on the website. "Simply un-install calibre and install 3.48...which works with all Windows 7/Vista machines, from here." Foolishly, I uninstalled the old, then downloaded the new, which failed to install:
"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."
There is no email address or link on the Calibre website to contact Calibre. How do I get Calibre back on my Windows 7?

Susan
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is your W7 machine 32bit? (and you downloaded 64bit)

Did you try and disable your Anti-virus (only while downloading from the official site). (I have never had Defender Mess with a downloaded file)
There is an official help FAQ that might have additional tips
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #3
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
I run Windows 7 Professional Version 64 bit on a Think Center M93p Tower. I do not want to upgrade to Windows 10. I tried both 64 bit and 32 bit and received the same message. I do not have Defender, but I disabled my anti-virus and retried to install without success. I just successfully installed the portable version of Calibre, so that should work for my limited needs.

I don't know why the portable version will install, but not the full version.
Thank you for your help.

Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is your W7 machine 32bit? (and you downloaded 64bit)

Did you try and disable your Anti-virus (only while downloading from the official site). (I have never had Defender Mess with a downloaded file)
There is an official help FAQ that might have additional tips
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just use the portable version, it works the same. Instead of running calibre-portable.exe run calibre.exe instead from inside the portable installation folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre install fail