Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Diesel ebooks

Has anyone else had problems with the site in the last two days? I was going to purchase three books two nights ago and my cart suddenly emptied and I can't even find the three books by the search engine.

I looked at my bookshelf and a lot of my books have disappeared, some that do show cannot be downloaded and a lot of my purchase history is gone. I've tried three different browsers and the problem doesn't seem to be browser related.

Anything I purchased by Kensington is no longer in my history. Nothing I've purchased before June is showing in my account.

I've lost over three hundreds of dollars worth of books.

I have submitted a ticket, so hopefully I'll get some response tomorrow.

Last edited by mycurlylocks; 08-15-2013 at 12:46 AM.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
They may be changing hosts or doing maintenance.

http://blog.diesel-ebooks.com/
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I received a reply that they are trying to upgrade the system and things aren't going smoothly.

After the closing of Books on Board, I was worried that the same might be happening with Diesel.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
It is a concern. They are following the same pattern of Books On Board before they closed.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's why it's so important not to assume that bookstores will store your books for you, and to download as soon as you buy.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's why it's so important not to assume that bookstores will store your books for you, and to download as soon as you buy.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
mycurlylocks
Addict

I try to download the books as soon as I purchase them, but I have been known to miss one or two when I order several books at once. I thought they had downloaded but they hadn't.

No change on my account or the site now. I'm beginning to wonder about them.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Cap.T
Enthusiast
Cap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, PRS-T1
I bought some new Dreamspinner Press titles with them. When I wanted to download them a few minutes later the download wasn't possible and suddenly almost all Dreamspinner Press books they had offered were gone from the website. I received this as a response from Diesel's service team:

Bad news...We've learned the publisher ceased publication of these titles without giving us notification. Please accept our apologies as we appreciate and share your frustration. We have little control in this type of situation. Your card/paypal has been credited.

To be honest I don't really believe that statement. The titles are still available from a lot of other sources. Like some otheres here mentioned this is exactly what happend with Books on Board shortly before they shut down. Suddenly a lot of books from some publishers were just gone.
I got my money refunded for this order and have the rest of the books I bought with them downloaded already but it would be really, really disappointing if after fictionwise and BoB yet another smaller bookseller would shut down.

Last edited by Cap.T; 08-16-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Hmmmmm.... this does not look promising.

I think it is all my fault as I just started getting books from them. I had just learn of Fictionwise a few months before they shutdown and then switched to BoB and we know what happened to them.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.T View Post
I bought some new Dreamspinner Press titles with them. When I wanted to download them a few minutes later the download wasn't possible and suddenly almost all Dreamspinner Press books they had offered were gone from the website. I received this as a response from there service team:

Bad news...We've learned the publisher ceased publication of these titles without giving us notification. Please accept our apologies as we appreciate and share your frustration. We have little control in this type of situation. Your card/paypal has been credited.

To be honest I don't really believe that statement. The titles are still available from a lot of other sources. Like some otheres here mentioned this is exactly what happend with Books on Board shortly before they shut down. Suddenly a lot of books from some publishers were just gone.
I got my money refunded for this order and have the rest of the books I bought with them downloaded already but it would be really, really disappointing if after fictionwise and BoB yet another smaller bookseller would shut down.
Are the books still available according to the Dreamspinner site?

Haven't seen anything where publishers are making it known publicly that they aren't being paid like we saw with Books on Board, but who knows.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
Cap.T
Enthusiast
Cap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Are the books still available according to the Dreamspinner site?

Haven't seen anything where publishers are making it known publicly that they aren't being paid like we saw with Books on Board, but who knows.
Just to make my previous statement clear, the response I posted came from Diesel service not Dreamspinner. I edited my post to make that clear. But to answer your question: Yes, the Dreamspinner books that are gone from the Diesel shop are still available at other shops like amazon.com or All Romance Ebooks.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.T View Post
Just to make my previous statement clear, the response I posted came from Diesel service not Dreamspinner. I edited my post to make that clear. But to answer your question: Yes, the Dreamspinner books that are gone from the Diesel shop are still available at other shops like amazon.com or All Romance Ebooks.
Your other post was clear to me. What I was asking is if said books are still available directly from Dreamspinner (they sell direct) in which case Diesel CS is obviously wrong about what they said or are they not available directly from Dreamspinner perhaps meaning that Dreamspinner hasn't notified their retailers or taken the books out of distribution channels (it's happened with other pubs in the past).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:21 AM   #13
Cap.T
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Your other post was clear to me. What I was asking is if said books are still available directly from Dreamspinner (they sell direct) in which case Diesel CS is obviously wrong about what they said or are they not available directly from Dreamspinner perhaps meaning that Dreamspinner hasn't notified their retailers or taken the books out of distribution channels (it's happened with other pubs in the past).
The books are still available from Dreamspinner Press directly as well.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #14
alikayn
alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
I had a problem with a recent purchase, but the books stayed in my cart and the purchase didn't go through. Diesel were helpful, Paypal still haven't replied to the problem.
alikayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
mycurlylocks
Addict

I have given up on them and will not purchase any more books from them. Nothing has changed after 5 days. It's a shame, they used to have some good sales. Now I'm afraid if I pay for the book, I won't be able to download it.