Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
iWatch?

So where is the iWatch?

I saw the black guy on the Kelly Rippa and ?Mike show wearing a big square Dick Tracy style thing that was too big for his sleeve to go over it. Looked pretty interesting. I guess I still have an interest in watches despite my therapists best efforts.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It would be difficult to read a book on such a device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
...I saw the black guy...
Wonder what the therapist would say about this?
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
Not to worry, it will surely use a laser to project text directly onto your eyeballs. In a few years, we will just plug into the matrix and download the complete works of Dumas and Tolstoy into our brains. Screens are so early 21st century.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
Actually not so difficult!
I started a thread a few years back about reading on an iPod Nano first gen. The screen is about a 1 1/4" square, pretty much the same size as the "Nano watch" of last year...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #6
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
I read Samsung has watch
Apple and Google working on.

When will they come?
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wearable computers would probably be more practical than an iWatch. But the idea of having a display in full view on yourself and the computing power in another location, like a pocket is what Apple is after. I would fancy a sleeve instead of a watch or some kind of a wide bracelet with a large color eink display. This would make it thinner and less energy consuming. Then the real computer could be in the wallet? iWallet? iBracelet?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Wearable computers would probably be more practical than an iWatch. But the idea of having a display in full view on yourself and the computing power in another location, like a pocket is what Apple is after. I would fancy a sleeve instead of a watch or some kind of a wide bracelet with a large color eink display. This would make it thinner and less energy consuming. Then the real computer could be in the wallet? iWallet? iBracelet?
I vote for a brooch. I could wear it at exhibitions and shows with my videos on it.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #9
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
I want screen on back of hand

I saw that on TV or Movie.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
I want screen on back of hand

I saw that on TV or Movie.
Could be interesting but sometimes not practical. For instance what happens when you wash your hands? It would have to be part of some type of glove so it could be removed quickly. Then if you work with your hands like I do that screen would be ruined in no time like all my watches...

My favorite idea for a display would be a wireless contact lens that takes energy from my body like static electricity.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #11
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I have seen that back of the hand gadget too.

Was it on that Star Trek spinoff, some kind of trading post?

The old crystal radios used the energy of the signal to work. No external energies. Of course you could only listen to it with a headphone.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Oh yes.

The screen on the back of the hand snapped on.
Maybe some kind of embedded into the the skin or bone connector.

Think, tooth implant...
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #13
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Oh yes.

The screen on the back of the hand snapped on.
Maybe some kind of embedded into the the skin or bone connector.

Think, tooth implant...
I've had a smashed wrist and a smashed ankle in two different accident. To help immobilize them without a cast ( because of the skin wounds that were next to them) they used metal rods screwed to healthy bone and other lengths that connected to one another outside of the body. It was fairly efficient but a big drawback was that I had to loosen the skin around the rods and disinfect everything twice a day otherwise infection could set in directly to the bone. I still get shivers from the weird feeling just thinking about it. Today's biotech is nowhere near Borg paraphernalia. And I can already feel in my mind the pain of just catching the display on a door jamb or in the trellis of a metal shopping cart! Yuck! Pulling the inserts out! Yuck! Yuck!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #14
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I made a mockup awhile ago out of pure boredom. I'm thinking of like something that would be called the iStyle/iWear . Wear it as a brooch, a necklace, a watch, on your pants like a Shuffle, on your bag, whatever.

I load flashcards into the photo section of the current 7th gen, it works for me! To be good for photos, this would need to be slightly bigger than the 6th gen I think.

Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
This device wont be successful because its small screen size and is a failure even if launched in worldwide market by Apple
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote