Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
gilvezan
gilvezan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Converting to .mobi Questions

I'm using Calibre to create a .mobi file to upload to Kindle.

Two questions:

1) How do I tell Calibre to make the Kindle button "go to beginning" take the reader to the beginning of Chapter One rather than the title page? The file I'm giving Calibre to convert is an .htm file.

2) Calibre places the Table of Contents at the end of the Kindle book. Is there a way to tell it to place it after the dedication page instead? I have my own TOC built into the .htm file, but when I check "do not add table of contents to book" in the .mobi preferences I lose my built-in TOC as well.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
gilvezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilvezan View Post
1) How do I tell Calibre to make the Kindle button "go to beginning" take the reader to the beginning of Chapter One rather than the title page? The file I'm giving Calibre to convert is an .htm file.
While I'm sure folks here might be able to help you, if you wish to learn proper Mobi formatting you might want to inquire in the Mobi forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilvezan View Post
2) Calibre places the Table of Contents at the end of the Kindle book. Is there a way to tell it to place it after the dedication page instead? I have my own TOC built into the .htm file, but when I check "do not add table of contents to book" in the .mobi preferences I lose my built-in TOC as well.
The TOC at the end of the book is the built in Table of Contents. Mobi has no way to store the TOC so it places it at the end of the book.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert