Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Bed, with the light down low and the font jacked up. I can't see a clock, and don't have to worry about overshooting my stop (like the train).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #17
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I can read almost anywhere but right now the most common places are either my end of the couch in the living (family) room or in bed. I'm looking forward to building a deck this summer, I think that will then be my favorite place!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #18
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
I bought myself a PRS-600 at the weekend but can't seem to find anywhere i can sit down and settle to read. I've tried sitting in the conservatory, garden but can't find anywhere i casn really concentrate like i could on the bus.

What do you do?
Nick, part of your problem might just be the newness of the PRS-600 and how different it is from the paperbacks you're used to. When I first got mine there was a scary week there where I couldn't get into a book no matter how hard I tried, I don't notice the difference now and absolutely love my 900. Give it time and I'm sure you'll be lost in your books again.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
leicster
leicster began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hammock on the sail-boat. Tie the hammock between the mast and the fore-stay. A light swell in a sheltered harbour is best. Be sure to apply lots of sunscreen and, if you're likely to fall asleep, hand the e-reader to the spouse so it doesn't fall overboard.
leicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #20
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Chair on my deck or recliner in my family room!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Any place where I can see my liseuse! (without actually risking my life)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #22
NickS
NickS began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Nick, part of your problem might just be the newness of the PRS-600 and how different it is from the paperbacks you're used to. When I first got mine there was a scary week there where I couldn't get into a book no matter how hard I tried, I don't notice the difference now and absolutely love my 900. Give it time and I'm sure you'll be lost in your books again.
I reckon this could be it. I read Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on it this week but whenever i sit somewhere it and try i always get so easily distracted. I've got another week of college yet so i'll try it on the bus on Monday morning.
Also i find when i read with it i can't have any distractions such as people around me. Anyone else find this?
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Balcony, coffee shop, train. Preferably with at least 50% sunlight.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #24
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
I especially enjoy reading while sunning myself on my yacht in San Diego harbor.

At least, I'm sure I would enjoy that most.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #25
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
I haven't been reading as much lately, and I just realized that after rearranging the house, I don't HAVE a favorite reading place yet. Geeze!

I write in my easy chair, and I suppose that will become my new reading spot, although it's too easy to slip back into writing mode and set down a book. I guess reading in bed is really the very best spot for me right now. Although since I read on my iPod Touch, I can read anywhere, and probably will start that again soon.

Camille
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #26
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I was a little afraid to post my favorite spot to read, but then I found hidaris post and found I can post, too.

So the place I read the most is my restroom at home.

But I can read any place else. More favorites are my sofa (when everyone is already in bed), the balcony and of course, at the office during lunch break.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
The Toilet.
You stole my answer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #28
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I'd watch the toilet reading, sitting on the john too long is a great way to get hemorrhoids.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #29
L.J. Sellers
Novelist
L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I can and do read everywhere. Favorite place though is the back deck in my lounge chair...with a little sun on my face.
L.J.
L.J. Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #30
TLHaddix
Author, wife, reader.
TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TLHaddix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I prefer my chair in the living room and usually have at least one of our three cat children around me. I'll turn the tv on, either on something to drone on in the background or onto a music channel, and just get lost in the book. I don't like reading in public because I do get lost in the book, and that could be quite embarrassing.
TLHaddix is offline   Reply With Quote