Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle 3 - Expermental Settings pages drops from three to one ??

For some reason my Kindle 3 Experimental Settings pages dropped from three to one. It had done spontaneous resets a few times before.

I had entered my name, address and phone number in the identification fields on the third page before this happened.

I tried holding the on/off switch for 15 seconds for a manual reset. However, it still shows just one page there.

Now I am doing a full three hour charge. When I received the unit, I charged to when the green light showed but it was a lot less than three hours.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Have you tried derigestering the device and then re-registering it? I think I read about someone else who has similar problems and this fixed it.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Half hour charge corrected the problem

After half an hour charge the three pages in my Experimental Settings RE-APPEARED.

This time I'll give it a full three hour charge regardless of the LED color. When I first recieved it, I got the green light in just 45 minutes and disconnected it.

The battery meter showed a full charge at that time but the meter may not have been accurage. When I lost the last 2 pages of the Experimental settings, the meter showed half full but may have really been near EMPTY.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
On the K3, Settings and Experimental are different sets of pages.

Settings is 3 pages. It starts with "Registration" on page 1 and ends with "Personal Info" on page 3.

Experimental is only one page, with listings for web browser, play mp3, and tts. They are totally separate listings.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard

Just realized that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
On the K3, Settings and Experimental are different sets of pages.

Settings is 3 pages. It starts with "Registration" on page 1 and ends with "Personal Info" on page 3.

Experimental is only one page, with listings for web browser, play mp3, and tts. They are totally separate listings.
I just realized that before I read your post. Thanks.

I bet some others may be making the same mistake.