Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Sony deal: Save $150 on 4 digital books??

I received an email from Sony this morning that says :

"Visit a Sony Reader kiosk and save $150 when you buy 4 digital books."

"Between now and January 15, 2010, Reader Experience Centers will stock the
award-winning** Reader Touch Edition™, Reader Pocket Edition™ and
Reader accessories. Stop by a Reader Experience Center and pick up one for
yourself and everyone on your gift list. Save $150 when you purchase 4
Reader digital books. Offer expires 12/31/09***."

What does that mean? I can't find any other useful information from Sony (even by looking at the fine print). Does this mean that if I buy 4 of their (ugly) epub books, I will get $150 off? I don't see anywhere that I have to buy a Reader, too. Or are they trying to say that I have to buy 4 Readers? If the latter, someone's being rather loose with their language.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
It's four eBook Readers. The Sony Reader is officially the "Reader Digital Book."
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, so what do they call the (ugly) epub things that go on these "Reader Digital Books"? Just curious.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
ebooks?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Reader Digital Book books ?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

"Hello? Sony? Yes, I have a Sony Reader Digital Book and I would like to buy some Reader Digital Book books for it. Can you tell me how I get to your book book store?"
Old 12-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
i got that e-mail too!
just saying buy four readers and get $ 150 off - who needs 4 e-readers???

keep reading
harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
well, it seems a lot of people on here have more than one device.. or maybe a family of 4 or more wouldn't mind one for each member..?
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Okay, so what do they call the (ugly) epub things that go on these "Reader Digital Books"? Just curious.
This was old the first time. Please give it a rest.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote