Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Dr.Bishoy
Dr.Bishoy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation What is the best device for reading eComics (pics and Cbr format) ?

Hey guys

What is the best device for reading eComics (pics and Cbr format) ?
Dr.Bishoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
As far as eInk devices, you'd probably want to look at a 10" device like the Kindle DX or the DR-1000 (or one of the yet-to-be-released devices). Manga reading isn't bad on eInk, but color comics render pretty poorly on a 16-shades of gray device (IMHO, of course). The Kindle DX natively supports CBZ/ZIP but not CBR/RAR.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Dr.Bishoy
Dr.Bishoy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
As far as eInk devices, you'd probably want to look at a 10" device like the Kindle DX or the DR-1000 (or one of the yet-to-be-released devices). Manga reading isn't bad on eInk, but color comics render pretty poorly on a 16-shades of gray device (IMHO, of course). The Kindle DX natively supports CBZ/ZIP but not CBR/RAR.
thnx for replying

but i want colorful device
i can unzip cbr files and use them as pics.
Dr.Bishoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
You probably want a notebook computer then, convertible if possible. With a pretty big screen: I specifically chose my new notebook with a 17.3-inch diagonal screen, since that translates (at 16:9) to paper sized. A bit bigger than legal, at 8½x15 portrait. No dedicated ebook device has full-paper-size screens yet, even the biggest topping out at under 11 inches diagonally. I've read comic books on my new notebook fairly comfortably, though I might wish that I could rotate the functions of the number pad when I use it in "hold like a book" mode.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote