Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
am65
am65 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Opening EPUB files in eReader for Windows Mobile

Hello,

anybody knows how to open an epub file with eReader in Windows Mobile?

I have created an EPUB file out of a PDF file using Calibre.

Now I would like to read it in my Windows Mobile phone with eReader, but it seems this software can only open books that are in a personal catalog on its web.

Am I missing something?
am65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by am65 View Post
Hello,

Now I would like to read it in my Windows Mobile phone with eReader, but it seems this software can only open books that are in a personal catalog on its web.

Am I missing something?
eReader is for reading eReader PDB files, not ePub's.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
am65

Ok, I do not know where I read that eBook could open EPUB files.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Calibre can output an eReader ebook, instead of an ePub, and this should be readable on your device.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Or, you can get ZuluReader that will read ePUB on a mobile windows device.
http://www.zuluexpress.com/Home.aspx?resW=880&resH=823

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
am65

Calibre can also convert to mobipocket. Great.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Hello,

Am I missing something?
The only eBook reading software that supports ePUB nativity for the Windows Mobile (WM) is the ZuluReader (www.ZuluExpress.com)

However there are other solutions that can easily read ePUB. MobiPocket for instance can read ePUB. The way it does is is by converting ePUB to Mobi when you import the book to the MobiPocket desktop. When you sync your book the eBook is transferred as a MOBI file. The whole process is pretty seamless to the user.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
I have just developed another solution you might want to try out - see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61539.

Jim
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #9
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The only eBook reading software that supports ePUB nativity for the Windows Mobile (WM) is the ZuluReader (www.ZuluExpress.com)

However there are other solutions that can easily read ePUB. MobiPocket for instance can read ePUB. The way it does is is by converting ePUB to Mobi when you import the book to the MobiPocket desktop. When you sync your book the eBook is transferred as a MOBI file. The whole process is pretty seamless to the user.

=X=
I didn't know that about Mobipocket. Cool. I've downloaded ZuluReader for the PDA I've just purchased on ebay (but don't have yet). Does anyone know if particular versions of Windows Mobilie are required to run Zulu?
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote