Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Pre-formatting questions...

I'm about to join the ranks of the Sony PRS owners.

As a long-time Rocket eBook owner, I'm used to rolling my own custom files from HTML originals.

I also have my own reading preferences (fully justified text, indented paragraphs, chapter breaks, book-style, not web-style paragraphs) for how I want my Rocket Editions to appear onscreen.

My questions are:

Do internal hyperlinks work (i.e. tables of contents)?

How do you embed images? Is it as simple as using the HTML IMG tag, as with Rocket Editions?

Do you define the paragraph formatting on a book-wide scale, or per paragraph?

I've seen references to CSS with LRF files, do I simply need to set a style sheet (embedded or external) and assign classes to the DIVs or SPANs?

Do they have a feature for chapter breaks? (Rocket Editions would end a page and start again on the next screen when encountering a horizontal rule tag with size attribute of zero.)

I suppose I should really be asking: is there a wiki for this sort of formatting information?

Thanks in advance.

-JPB
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Do internal hyperlinks work (i.e. tables of contents)?
Yes.

Quote:
How do you embed images? Is it as simple as using the HTML IMG tag, as with Rocket Editions?
Yes.

Quote:
Do you define the paragraph formatting on a book-wide scale, or per paragraph?
Either. You can do it with CSS, or with local tags.

Quote:
Do they have a feature for chapter breaks? (Rocket Editions would end a page and start again on the next screen when encountering a horizontal rule tag with size attribute of zero.)
Yes. Different tools will use different methods for this. My favourite LRF book-creation tool is "Book Designer", and that will automatically insert a page break at each "title".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gee... seven minutes.

I'll need to ask tougher questions in the future.

Thanks.

-JPB
Old 06-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Dahak
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes... Yes... Either. You can do it with CSS, or with local tags.
Since you use Book Designer, you may not know the answer to this...

I have been playing with Calibre and I discovered that my preferred method of marking scene breaks (br, hr, br) isn't rendering the way I like it.

The horizontal rule generally has a width attribute of 200, but all of my rules are rendering full-width and skipping the BR after the previous DIV.

I have no idea if this is an LRF or Calibre question, though.

-JPB
Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I don't know, but my guess is that this is an LRF limitation.

Try converting to ePub instead through calibre. I think that'll respect much more of your html tag attributes (though still not all). At least that's been my experience. And you can use either on your Sony, and the ePub is more likely to be portable to other readers anyway.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert