Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
x3oo
Enthusiast
x3oo began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
ultimate pdfcropmethod

ok even with cropping some pdf like scientific american are too big for viewing on cybook 800x600 becaus the font is getting to small, one solution is to dilate it to 1200x800 but it would be the ultimate method to determine the smalles font in the pdf and the page width. for example when the page ist 1600px width and smallest font is 14pt you could dilate the page to 800px so the font will bei 7pt on the cybook.
you can uncompress the pdf with pdftk but how can i determine the smallest font

pdfread would do the rest, and how can i convert from pdfread-output to pdf

Last edited by x3oo; 03-17-2009 at 01:38 PM.
x3oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I don't know the answer to your question, but surely Scientific American organizes its pages into columns. Would just breaking them up with PaperCrop (followed by PDFread for further processing, if need be) be enough to make them readable? I'd be surprised if not.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
x3oo
Enthusiast
x3oo began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
i tried with lots of parameters but it doesn work because the layout with many images ist to complicated
x3oo is offline   Reply With Quote