Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #31
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Quote:
Originally Posted by way8lifter View Post
Lord Fouls Bane By Stephen R Donaldson .. to me the best series ever written . I have read it at least 20 times over the last 30 years ...over 10 million copies sold
I almost liked that one. Parts of it were brilliant, but the main character just seemed so whiney and pathetic that it irritated me.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #32
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
I almost liked that one. Parts of it were brilliant, but the main character just seemed so whiney and pathetic that it irritated me.
I think that's a sign of its greatness. Thomas Covenant was an inexcusably irritating prick with few or no redeeming qualities for the entire series, but I still re-read them constantly. That's impressive.

Last edited by hrosvit; 10-03-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Lousy grammar.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #33
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post
I think that's a sign of its greatness. Thomas Covenant was an inexcusably irritating prick with few or no redeeming qualities for the entire series, but I still re-read them constantly. That's impressive.
Exactly! ...you just want to grab him by the throat and scream in his face "WTF is wrong with you ..are you a 9 year old girl or a man??! "
but so many of the other characters are awesome ..

BTW ..The author considers Covanant and anti hero ...not a hero

Last edited by way8lifter; 10-06-2012 at 03:15 PM.
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote