Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
How to check battery level on T1

Hi guys,

Maybe it is something obvious, but I looked everywhere and I could not find a way to know the battery level on the T1. There is the icon, bit I was hoping to find a way to have the actual percentage number of battery usage.

Is there a way to have get this info?
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
I understand enough Spanish to use the menu, but in case my PRS-T1 were accidentally switched to a language I don't understand but based on roman characters, I'd try to use Google Translate to use the menu to switch back...
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
What?!
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbean_spur View Post
What?!
I believe that got posted to a wrong thread in error. There's another thread where someone turned on their reader and it was in Spanish.

I don't have a T1 to help much with the original question, other than the general location is usually at the bottom of a page while reading a book. I'm sure someone with a T1 will post with a more specific location.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I don't think you get anything more specific than the icon on the top right without rooting the T1.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I rooted the T1, and my theory is that the battery icon does not lose a bar until you reach power level 50%. The app Coolreader seems to show the actual level.
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Gans View Post
I rooted the T1, and my theory is that the battery icon does not lose a bar until you reach power level 50%. The app Coolreader seems to show the actual level.
At what level of bars should it be charged?. Any thoughts on the matter?. I waited until it got down to two bars left, but perhaps it should be charged earlier or later.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I usually wait until I get down to one bar to charge. Sometimes I charge at two. But mostly one bar.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I usually wait until I get down to one bar to charge. Sometimes I charge at two. But mostly one bar.
Good. So I am on the right track then. Thanks.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
T1 Battery

Lithium-ion batteries should be good for hundreds of charge-discharge cycles.
One thing I learned flying toy airplanes is that it's bad to over-discharge them. As a result, one could assume it's better to keep them charged, but this is false!

In the two months I've had it, I havn't gotten around to fully discharging my T1, but only because I was always going someplace where I didn't want to hassle around with charging and thus opted to recharge at one or two indicator bars at home.

But I won't be doing that with three bars indicated.

I recently visited a bookstore in town selling a pretty bad ereader called "Oyo". It's got Li-Ion batts too. Three of the six demo devices were dead.

All of them were permanently connected to the chargeport.
QED
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote