Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Is there a thread

Is there a thread that someone can direct me to that lists places you can buy,get for free or otherwise download books for the kobo. No torrent sites please though
I just returned my 1gen one tonight and Im pre-ordering the new one tomorrow but I'd like to start browsing sights to locate books to download.
I know the Sony forum on here has a ongoing thread so I'm hoping the Kobo one does too or knows they are pretty much the same.

TIA
Fiona
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Free or very cheap

Project Gutenberg (try Australia)
Smashwords
Baen Science Fiction (try the free library)
manybooks (free ebooks)
Double dragon

Fictionwise (heavily geo restricted)
Diesel (heavily geo restricted)

Should get you started
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Free or very cheap

Project Gutenberg (try Australia)
Smashwords
Baen Science Fiction (try the free library)
manybooks (free ebooks)
Double dragon

Fictionwise (heavily geo restricted)
Diesel (heavily geo restricted)

Should get you started
Thank you A few on your list I had but several I didn't so YAYYYY I'm heavy into Scifi fantasy so the Baen site looks very promising indeed
Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Look up where it say "wiki"

Under "E"books you'll find places to go go.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Look up where it say "wiki"

Under "E"books you'll find places to go go.

Enjoy.

LOL I was wondering what the Wiki link was for Thanks!!!
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
LOL I was wondering what the Wiki link was for Thanks!!!
click on my link...
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
click on my link...
haha and now I notice your signature...I must have selective sight tonight or I'm just overly excited tonight, like a puppy needing to pee ROFL
Old 09-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
haha and now I notice your signature...I must have selective sight tonight or I'm just overly excited tonight, like a puppy needing pee ROFL
MobileRead is full of lots of neat stuff.......you just need to look around a little.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Thank you A few on your list I had but several I didn't so YAYYYY I'm heavy into Scifi fantasy so the Baen site looks very promising indeed
The Baen site is awesome. I've been working my way through the free library and picked up some of their pay books as well (no drm, multiformats available, looks like everything they publish is there, a shopping cart and they even accept paypal!).

If you are interested in new releases nothing beats the webscription. You can choose to buy bundles of books as they ar released/ have been released (great archive!) I haven't found any better deal that 4-6 new books for $15!

Not sure I would shell out the extra money to see an ARC (advance reader copy) instead of waiting for the few months to see a normal edition but hey to each their own.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
For a larger selection of free Baen SF&F get the free Baen CD Library. You can access the CD's (ISO, zip of files, or on-line) at http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/

One minor issue is that the older CDs do not have ePubs, but MS Reader files (.lit) convert to ePub very nicely and easily with Calibre.
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote