Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #31
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved posts to the Calibre2opds v3.3 - OPDS catalogs from your Calibre library thread. If I was wrong let me know and I will correct my mistake.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #32
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Moved posts to the Calibre2opds v3.3 - OPDS catalogs from your Calibre library thread. If I was wrong let me know and I will correct my mistake.
They are probably better here than in the thread on the 3.2 release. The original issues raised were against the 3.2 release, but subsequent items in the thread evolved into what was fixed/added in 3.3 and how the changes worked.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #33
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Hello itimpi,

thanks for your reply! - I've enclosed the metadatas from an affected book

thank you
cyana
I tried that book, (as the only book in a library). It resulted in a warning message being logged stating that the comment was not valid XHTML which explains why it is not showing in the book details level. I am not sure how to find exactly what is invalid (as the checking is done by a library component) other than by visual inspection.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #34
jeffcdo
jeffcdo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Calibre2opds Thumbnails

Currently running calibre2opds 3.3. I prefer to browse books in a compact tiled thumbnail view, rather than in long lists of rows with one thumbnail/description per row. I've tried selecting and deselecting "browse by cover" but it seems to make no difference. Is there a configuration option that I'm missing?
jeffcdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #35
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcdo View Post
Currently running calibre2opds 3.3. I prefer to browse books in a compact tiled thumbnail view, rather than in long lists of rows with one thumbnail/description per row. I've tried selecting and deselecting "browse by cover" but it seems to make no difference. Is there a configuration option that I'm missing?
Just checked - and it looks as though the Browse by Cover mode is broken in the latest revision. I will try and work out why and make an updated revision available after fixing the issue.

EDIT: Found it - a simple typo caused this regression. I have uploaded rev 253 that corrects this issue.

Last edited by itimpi; 12-06-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #36
jeffcdo
jeffcdo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
WOW that was fast! Just downloaded rev 253 and it's working great. Thank you so much!
jeffcdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #37
ralag
ralag began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
... I never generate resized book covers (I use the options to NOT generate resized covers or thumbnails on my personal libraries) so it could easily have slipped through the net. ...
i am trying this too, but the thumbnail and resizedcover will always be generated.

"do not generate resized covers" and "do not generate thumbnails" are not working. i am using the version calibre2opds-3.3-253.

Happy New Year to all of you and thanks for calibre2opds!
ralag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #38
itimpi
Wizard

I cannot reproduce your symptoms - the options seem to work fine here.

If I do not have those options ticked then I get the files "c2o_resizedcover.jpg" and "c2o_thumbnail.jpg" generated and stored with each book. Ticking those options causes the files to be removed.

Are those the exact file names that you are seeing? If not there is a chance that they are remnants from an earlier release that were not removed for some reason.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #39
ralag
ralag began at the beginning.

Device: none
yes, that are the filenames.
and ticking those options do nothing. everytime the files will be generated.

UPDATE: i tested it again and now it works. but i can reproduce the "bug". if i start the program and tickle both options, everything is fine and no files will be generated. but if i dont tickle the options the files will be generated (of course), and after that there will always be files generated (doesnt matter if i tickle the options or not).
first time after restarting the program its working again.

thanks for your time and answer.

Last edited by ralag; 01-02-2014 at 05:23 PM.
ralag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #40
itimpi
Wizard

I have no idea why it should not be working for you - those options DO work for me.
If you can provide the log from a run then it might give a clue as to what is happening on your system.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #41
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
Hello and thanks for a great utility.

I have a problem though, running 3.3-255 on Ubuntu 13.10. I have several libraries, and each time I run calibre2opds on one, the other libaries stop working on Dropbox.
Exiting and running calibre2opds makes no change.

I get to the index, but when I try to click Author or All Books etc the supposedly unchanged libraries results in an error in Chrome
Code:
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
I am logged in of course.

In Moon+ Reader I get
Code:
 Error (404) We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our help yada yada
Edit: Interestingly, when I open a library in Calibre that one starts working on Dropbox (the Dropbox icon indicates it is updating files) as well. When I switch to a new library, the old one stops working while the new one starts to.

Last edited by Jarulf; 01-06-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Some more weirdness discovered
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #42
itimpi
Wizard

There is nothing in Calibre2opds that knows it is running on Dropbox, so I have no idea what is causing this symptom? I have also never seen any similar reports.

The only thing I can think of is that there might be a lot of file syncing happening after a calibre2opds run completes. This would be exacerbated if you have not got the option to minimize changes set on the Advanced tab. Options relevant to cloud storage are specifically mentioned in the online documentation.

Last edited by itimpi; 01-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #43
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
I realise Calibre2opds doesn't know anything about Dropbox. I don't have a lot of files in any of the libraries, around 200 books in the largest but I'll take a look at your suggestion. Thanks.
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:08 AM   #44
LuCouto
LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle and iPad Mini 4
No index.html file

Hi, I'm using calibre2opds 3.3 beta (rev. 246) in a Mac OS X 10.9.1 but the index.html file is not created when generating a catalog. I've tested in Default mode and Publish mode with no success! I'm missing something ? I've followed the step-by-step guide.
LuCouto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:29 AM   #45
itimpi
Wizard

The only thing that springs to mind is that you have inadvertently checked the option to not generate an HTML catalog on the Catalog Structure Tab. Are other files (such as index.xml) being generated? The program would give you an error message if you tried to suppress both types of catalog.

Another thing - if you have checked the 'Encrypt the Filenames' option on the Advanced tab the index.html file will have a 8 character random looking number added as a prefix so maybe that makes you overlook the file?

As a final check, are you sure you are looking in the right place (the folder the catalog is being generated in)? In default mode this would normally be the _catalog folder within the Calibre Library folder.

I also notice that you mention rev 246 which is the last .dmg version I uploaded. Does that mean you do not know the steps on a Mac to update via the zip file release? I have been hoping that someone would write the detailed steps for MacOS (I do not have a Mac). I guess I could create a dmg build for a later revision if that is the case.