Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
henrikberggren
henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5 / iPad Mini
Thumbs up Just released: Readmill for Android

Today we can proudly announce the first version of Readmill for Android. It bears our signature design, syncs all of your library for free. Remembers your position across devices etc. Future versions will include our social features, DRM & PDF support as well. Enjoy!

Download from Google Play

henrikberggren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
I'm excited regarding the development of this app for android. Once I have a good chance after work to look over the app, I'll be glad to provide input.

Thank you for the announcement!
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Looks good from the screenshots, I'll certainly try it out.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
revs
revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've downloaded and installed this but it's asking for an email or facebook to continue.

Will it not work without email or facebook?
revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
henrikberggren
henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revs View Post
I've downloaded and installed this but it's asking for an email or facebook to continue.

Will it not work without email or facebook?
We're aiming to be more than just your average reader. With Readmill you can store all your ebooks for free, share highlights & recommendations with friends and much more. For this to be possible we need to establish an account for every user and for this we've chosen email or FB.

We might introduce a try before you sign in later this year though.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
From what is presently there for the android app, this has the potential to become my preferred ereader app.

What I would like to end up seeing is the ability to search for books in my library (be it on-device books or online library), Rating, creating collections, and importing the books to my library on device, (but not having to have a copy made to the readmill folder.

I'll have to keep an eye on this app.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
What format does it support
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
I've installed Readmill on two of my Android devices. I really like the clean interface. It easily imported and opened epub files on my Tablet. When I tried to upload DRM-free epubs to my library via the website, however, every single one (I tried over a dozen) came back as an "unsupported file type." Also, is there a way to sync the library from the tablet directly to my Galaxy S3 without going through the library upload process on the website?

ETA: I've discovered how to sync the library from the tablet, but files dropped onto the website for upload still don't function.

Last edited by ClairePMR; 10-04-2013 at 12:57 PM.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikberggren View Post
We're aiming to be more than just your average reader. With Readmill you can store all your ebooks for free, share highlights & recommendations with friends and much more. For this to be possible we need to establish an account for every user and for this we've chosen email or FB.
Frankly, that would put me off using it. I don't doubt that you will respect your customers' privacy, but I've a natural aversion to giving that information when there is no essential reason to do so.

It looks like a very nice app, but I'm not at all interested in the social aspects of it. Have you considered making that optional?

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
keeska
Connoisseur
keeska has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony T1, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Note 3
Being forced to provide an email account or other login will prevent me from looking further at this app.

I want an ebook reader to provide a good reading experience. If the social experience is option and can easily be ignored then I'll take a look. As of now there are many many excellent reader apps available which meet this criteria. If readmill no longer requires any login in the future then I'll take a look.

kees
keeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
revs
revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.revs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've uninstalled readmill without actually seeing what the app was like, like Keeska, if it doesn't require any login then i'll try it again.
revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
NOT compatible with my brand new 7" Asus Memo Pad HD? Wow...
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #13
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

Wouldn't have installed it anyway though I can't stand anything with a facebook login and I'm happy with Fabrik Pro and Mantano Premium when you include play books a fourth would be overkill although I wish you luck with your app.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
Lyor
Enthusiast
Lyor began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7 Sony PRS-950, , Galaxy Note 10.1 & Tab 7+, Nook STR & HD+
Not Compatible with...

Says not compatible with my original Nexus 7.
Lyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
henrikberggren

LH07: For now we only support non-DRM ePub 2. In the near future we'll support Adobe DRM as well as PDF.

cklls: For DRM'ed files to work you have to upload the .acsm file. On Android we don't support DRM just yet but sit tight, it'll be there soon. And we'll take a look at why website sync does not work.

Mike L: Thanks Mike, if you have interest in what extra value we can give you more than just being an excellent reader then Readmill is probably not for you.

keeska: Same as for Mike. As you say, lots of readers provide a great experience already so making something that just does that as well is not creating any new value in the world. So if you are just looking for a good experience maybe try another app. Happy to have you as completely private users on Readmill also though!

VelvetElvis, Lyor: What Android version are you using? Happy to look into why it does not work.

Teknikal: Thats not true You can also sign in using email, Facebook is optional.

Thanks for everyones feedback. We think its pretty cool to have your reading list, statistics on how much time you are spending in books and soon highlights & annotations. Also, all of this is available later through and API that you can build apps etc on.

Tags
android, readmill